PDA

View Full Version : Restricting a 600

alan c
29-05-2009, 02:32 PM
I am selling my m600 to my sons friend, he needs to get it restricted so he can ride it legally. can anyone tell me the best place in the kent area to get it done ? i believe you have to get a certificate to produce so you can get insured.
Also how are they restricted, is it on the carbs ?

any information would be a help.

thanks,

alan.

CK & AK
29-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Alan - take a look at this thread - 3rd post shows where they go: http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=31316&highlight=restricted

But you'd be best off getting a new Ducati one & having the paperwork to says its fitted - if only for insurance purposes, as any 2nd hand one wont have the correct paperwork to accompany it.

harve
29-05-2009, 07:07 PM
just to say, yes get new one as you do need the cert in the riders name, the certs arnt transferable! the insurance wont give a dam when you insure it, BUT should you claim and its not done or the cert is not in the riders name, they wont pay and you will be done by the police!!!!

went through all this with my son

i had to have it fitted by a dealer so he could get the cert, the dealer gets it all and sends a copy to a company who then keeps the record.

good luck

alan c
29-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Thanks for advice, will call dealer and find out how much it will cost :cry:

gremlin
29-05-2009, 08:40 PM
we restrict all sorts of bike on a regular basis and print our own certificates. i havent heard yet of an insurance company requesting one on starting a policy , only possibly in the event of a claim. there is no need for an "official" ducati certificate. all that is needed technically, is a dyno print out that is signed by a profesional engineer to validate it. (but a certificate looks good :biggrin: )

Mr G