PDA

View Full Version : Avebury

David Matthews
20-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Are the Avebury bike meets taking place this year and if so, which evening?

I'm going out for a spin tomorrow evening and thought about going there.

Shandy
20-05-2009, 08:57 PM
I think it was on the Ducatisti site there was a thread that the old Wednesday meet has been canned by complaints from the locals...............shame really it was a good friendly meet up there!!!

Shandy

David Matthews
20-05-2009, 09:07 PM
That's a shame, I went last year, there was a good selection of bikes and nice roads arond the Avebury area. I think I'll still wander up there and try to arrive quietly!

Shandy
20-05-2009, 09:24 PM
I think there's a Monday night meet at the lysley arms chippenham way as an alternative......?? Not been myself but i think giler has??

I can't find the thread i remember reading about avebury or did i imagine it..........lol

Looking around there still seems to be an unofficial meet wednesdays at the Red Lion Avebury, but a heavier police interest too, from what i've seen on the web from the wiltshire bikers forum its all seems to be down to a recent new resident in the area complaining about bikers?? What a muppet!!

Shandy

Liz
28-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Didn't know Avebury was becoming a 'no-go' but they are a bit stuck up round there! As far as I know, the Lysley Arms still has a meet on a Monday and I've heard that the Black Horse, Cherhill is doing one but not sure which day - will find out and let you know.

S4R Dude
29-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Just been told that people are still meeting there Wednesdays. You can't stop a good thing!

David Matthews
29-05-2009, 04:10 PM
I went there one evening last week, several other bikes arrived while I was there. A member of staff said that after each bike meet last year, someone made a complaint. Whilst they have stopped hosting an official meet, I felt welcome and will continue to go there.

Liz
29-05-2009, 05:05 PM
There's a sign up outside the Black Horse pub on the A4 at Cherhill advertising a bike meet and bbq at 6pm on Monday. Also, in the local paper there are apparently quite a lot of bikes who go The Mermaid pub at Christian Malford on a Wednesday. I don't like the cobbles at the Red Lion!