PDA

View Full Version : DP parts and discontinued models

hydromonkey
20-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Hi all

I hope you can help answer this. How long after a model is discontinued can you get DP parts?

Thanks

KB

JMo
20-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Without sounding facetious, until the stocks run out?

Most things will be made in a batch/run and depending on how popular they are/were, you might find some are still in stock.. but it's unlikely there will be any more of an item produced once the bike model is discontinued...

As an example, I bought a pair of the DP billet indicators the other week (made by DPM), they were in stock at Ducati so I got them in a couple of days... the round version are a 'universal fit', but I doubt they will be making any more as they don't really work with the current range...

xxx

hydromonkey
20-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I am looking into getting termi's for my s2r1000, but have found a website that states that they are discontinued. I find this worrying as the model has been discontinued less than a year.

JMo
20-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Independent suppliers don't tend to hold a stock of model specific items - have you tried asking a Ducati dealer if they are still available to order?

The price might be more mind you... but then I guess that's what you'll have to do if you want a specific item?

xxx

hydromonkey
20-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Have not spoke to the dealer yet as only seen the web page this evening. Was planning on giving them a call tomorrow to see, but though I would give the helpfull folks here a try in the mean time.

vtaggart
20-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Need pipes myself heading up to see Billy on Saturday should ask him to discount for bulk buys:)

Are you going for a full system or just the end cans? the Arrow system is very nice but Iam worried about the warranty.

Vince

Shandy
20-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I am looking into getting termi's for my s2r1000, but have found a website that states that they are discontinued. I find this worrying as the model has been discontinued less than a year.

Dealers are the way to go as its the only path to purchase new Termi's for Ducati as far as i know. I can still get Termi's for a '95 M600 so you should be ok for them still being made. The only downside can be if there not in stock with Ducati and they are waiting for Termi to make a batch it can be a bit of a lottery on delivery!! If they are in stock a week and they will be with you!

Try a few dealers, some may give a bit of discount for being a member here.

Cheers,

Shandy