PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion Lids

so19
19-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Does anyone wear a Scorpion Lid? I currently wear an Arai which I love but they are so expensive so just wondered if the Scorpion helmets are suitable for a similar shape head - I can't wear Shoei, they're just the wrong shape. If not the Scorpion then any other suitable Arai-shape lid will do ................. under £200 if possible ............ failing that I'll just save my pennies for another Arai

BluprintZ
19-05-2009, 09:31 AM
They can be a bit tricky can lids.
I always used to wear AGV helmets but years later (and much less hair), i can't seem to find one that fits just right, either too tight or too loose, no inbetweens.
Im using a Nitro N500V at the moment, quite comfy and a decent price.

G : )

Gerry
19-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi ....

I'd see if a Suomy fits.... I've tried a few of these on recently in George Whites clearance place in Swindon really nice ... they also have quite few other makes there too .. not too far from you ....

Cheers

so19
19-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Yeah I think I'll have to try some on but I'll need to walk around the shop for 20 minutes with the lid on and look a total prat!!!!! When i bought the Shoei it felt good but a little while later my head was banging - probably end up with an Arai

Aus_X
19-05-2009, 10:11 AM
I've had a Scorpion Exo-400 for the last 3 years and it's served me well. The anti fog visor is outstanding. I've never ever had it fog up on me.
The only Arai I fit comfortably into is the Condor, all the other models push on my forehead. The Scorpions (I'm not sure about the newer ones) are heavier than the Aria's certainly, but with the chaper price I'm willing to put up with the extra grams. The designs also keep getting better and better.

Lucati
19-05-2009, 11:12 AM
I had a shoei and it gave me head aches after about 20 minutes of wearing it. I'm an AGV airtech wearer now - they are comfy and are a good shape for me lumpy head and a reasonable price. I've seen a Tricolore one I fancy but it's rather expensive so will stick with the black for now.

I reckon you do have to wear it for a while to see if it feels right though.

so19
19-05-2009, 11:18 AM
That means I probably have a lumpy head too ....................

boyse7en
03-06-2009, 10:23 AM
I've got a Scorpion Exo-1000 lid and I think it is great. Pretty quiet at speed and comfortable - once it is worn in a bit. After teh first hour wearing it I thought I'd made the wrong decision as it felt tight and pressured, but after a week or so it is a great fit and really comfortable. I wore it for 14 hours virtually non-stop with any discomfort.

Check sizing before you buy, as they seem to size up a bit small. I needed a medium, whereas I was a small in Arai.

fatbloke
03-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Dave Wood races in a scorpion helmet and they rate very highly in the "sharp" tests,

so19
04-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Couldn't find any Scorpion Lids to try so ended up with an Arai Astro R Walker Replica for £199 ........ pinlock & fog insert so I was pleased with it & car drivers will see me, hopefully, with those colours!!!
Tried on several AGV's & Suomy but they were very uncomfortable, the Shark was a good fit but I felt the Arai was better value. Thanks for all the advice .................. you guys never let me down x