PDA

View Full Version : York(shire) Italian Night - Mid August 2009

nambduke
18-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Evening All,

Right, I am not going to be beat by the weather this year....so....

Calling all UKMOCers......Mid August, actual date to be confirmed, who's up for a night in York for an Italian meal and a few beers?

Depending on what people want to do, turn up for the evening, stay over or whatever, if we start discussing now, lifts, hotels, camping etc I'm sure something/everything can be organised....hey, maybe we can even make a mini weekender of it??

Any takers?

Regards,
Mark

Phatty
18-05-2009, 10:51 PM
on my doorstep so yes, definitely. I had a meal in a really nice italian restaurant in york on saturday actually.

nambduke
18-05-2009, 11:16 PM
on my doorstep so yes, definitely. I had a meal in a really nice italian restaurant in york on saturday actually.

Recommendations welcome please! Went to one a few weeks back with Mrs Nambduke....inside the wall, went down some stairs to the rear of the place....reasonable, good grub! I'll try and remember the name....

Regards,
Mark

bigredduke
19-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Sounds good! There is a travelodge in the middle of York as well.

Lowsider
19-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Hell Yes I'm in....

I may even bring the wife.. :booze:

Phatty
19-05-2009, 11:03 AM
There's loads in York.

ASK is nice, and in a fabulous building.

the one we went to last, can't remeber the name, but it means "the old school", (whatever that is in italian), on petergate. the fillet steak was amazing.

Arbeia
19-05-2009, 11:40 AM
There's loads in York.

ASK is nice, and in a fabulous building.

the one we went to last, can't remeber the name, but it means "the old school", (whatever that is in italian), on petergate. the fillet steak was amazing.

la vecchia scuola (the old school)

andros
19-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Yep Italian night in York, sounds good count me in too.

nambduke
19-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Yep Italian night in York, sounds good count me in too.

Hi Andy......have you been out much on your new bike yet? What's it like compared to the Monster? I'll add you to the list for the meal...
Regards,
Mark

andros
20-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi Mark, Yes Ive been enjoying mi' new bike, it took a little bit of time to get used to the riding position initially but now Ive really settled into it and it seems to suit me. Bit faster and feels really planted so Im enjoying it at the mo.

Yes put me down for the meal. Im also hoping to make the Classic bike show later in the year, it was a nice day out last year. I assume Ducatis other than Monsters may be welcome or will mine be hidden away?

gjfevans
20-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Will you accept riders of other europian makes.....dare I say German.
I've still got Monster blood in my veins:devil:

nambduke
20-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Will you accept riders of other europian makes.....dare I say German.
I've still got Monster blood in my veins:devil:

Since it's you Glyn, OK but only if you let me have the challenge crash bars cheap if you still have them! How's the new bike? Pal of mine bought the 's' model when they first came into the country and he loved it....only problem he had which you won't suffer from was the belt drive....apparently they eat them?

I'll update this thread over the coming weeks as people read the about the event....

Keep in touch.....you will come back one day!

Regards,
Mark

gjfevans
21-05-2009, 01:51 AM
Truth is I will be back not least because i miss the head turning draw of the v twin duc.
I decided to do a lilttle experiment new bike a std cans no passer by response.....new bike Laser Hot Cam exhaust plus db killer ooooo hello whats that?
new bike laser hot cam no db killer? i will keep you informed