PDA

View Full Version : Shocked but happy!

Noot
13-05-2009, 11:37 AM
I was walking around my local dealer the other day looking for a one piece waterproof for my trip to wales this weekend. I ride a VFR 800.

I awoke this morning to find a reciept in my pocket for an '07 S2R 800 :scratch:. Once it sank in :spin:.

I checked the garage and yes nestled next to my beloved VFR is this cheeky little red number.

I now remember a couple hours of that day where I rode it, loved it, check the internet, and bought it.

So hello I am now a Monster owner and happy to be. Although I am still a little shocked, my impulse buys tend to take up less room.

Oh and dont tell my misses :)

Yorkie
13-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Welcome to the club, and what a buy, on the spur of the moment!

Just dont let her near the garage!!!!

Yorkie.

LouSCannon
13-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Is that the same VFR that broke down outside my house?!

F**k me can't believe you went through with it so quick mate! You won't regret it, when do I get to see the new arrival?!

Big Daft Lad
13-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Excellent!

Just one tip for the future, just keep buying the same colour bike. My other half hasn't noticed for ages!

J.P
13-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Welcome to the Monster fold.

Noot
13-05-2009, 11:47 AM
It didnt break down it just had a moment.

Well I love the look of the S2R and its got the right bits in the right places. Yeah I think going to a DOC rally last weekend on the Honda, and having a play on the same model didnt help.

LouSCannon
13-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Well good call mate, drop me a line and let me know when your free for a run out, will be nice for you to have something to do every time I fill up instead of sitting there with a smug look on your face on the VFR! :)

mazydog
13-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Nice one, don't know if you have a significant other but how did that go down, I know when I came home with the Monster my second bike "unannounced" their was an interesting discussion, well to be fair not much of a discussion I didn't do a lot of talking

Pomp1
13-05-2009, 01:37 PM
excellent!well done and welcome!

lilbikerlady
13-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Nice one, don't know if you have a significant other but how did that go down, I know when I came home with the Monster my second bike "unannounced" their was an interesting discussion, well to be fair not much of a discussion I didn't do a lot of talking

:D:D exactly the sort of thing I'd do...but we both ride, plus the fact that you can never have enough bikes in the garage!!!

rollo22
13-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Could be worse

It might be an RR and you havent told the wife you have spent 40k on a Ducati

chris yeatman
13-05-2009, 08:17 PM
hello and welcome, mums the word, as they say !!!!!!

gremlin
14-05-2009, 09:58 AM
You could be storing it for a friend who generously has told you you can ride it, give her a while to get used to it and then say he's made you an offer you can't refuse. By then she'll have fallen in love with it and hey presto, bike satifactorily part of the family and no blood spilt:thumbsup::thumbsup: It works, I had it done to me!

Noot
14-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Well she found it....Now shes asking question like, would it be an good bike for a new rider to use?

I am going to have to watch her closely, devious minx :)

gremlin
14-05-2009, 12:46 PM
That's good though isn't it? Just make sure it's well insured and you can both go out and when she doesn't want to ride it you can play on your own. I'd have thought you've got the upper hand here! Enjoy.