PDA

View Full Version : Termis and Insurance

judge148
12-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Quick question

On average, how much extra do you pay on insurance when you fit a set of Termis to a monster ?

Captain Caveman
12-05-2009, 06:50 PM
quick answer

nothing, but the insurer would only pay for standard pipes in the event of a claim.

Arbeia
12-05-2009, 06:52 PM
yep you wont be able to insure them unless they are road legal. Otherwise, dont tell them.

Seb_uk
13-05-2009, 07:22 AM
May not affect your premium much, but your excess is likely to go up a bit in case they get damaged in a spill. As long as you mention them to your insurance company they will be covered in the event of a claim.

Arbeia
13-05-2009, 10:05 AM
May not affect your premium much, but your excess is likely to go up a bit in case they get damaged in a spill. As long as you mention them to your insurance company they will be covered in the event of a claim.

my insurance company said if the cans dont have an eu stamp on them saying they are road legal then they wont insure.

Scootaboy
13-05-2009, 11:24 AM
do you need to tell the insurance if you get the road legal ones?

steeevvvooo
13-05-2009, 12:46 PM
I’m no expert, but thought that having cans on without declaring them would not just mean that the cans were not covered, but that your insurance was invalid?! :scratch:

Insurers will try anything to get out of a claim, and it’s easy for them to say “we insured a standard bike, not a modified one” :thumbsdown:. Technically, they’re classed as a performance upgrade…

Arbeia
13-05-2009, 04:54 PM
You can put them on but if you damage them the insurance wont cover the expensive cans.
When my old 696 was written off i just changed back to standard cans before the engineer from insurance looked at it. Simples;)

Seb_uk
14-05-2009, 08:03 AM
my insurance company said if the cans dont have an eu stamp on them saying they are road legal then they wont insure.

That sounds about right - my termis's are EU stamped but don't have the baffles in. When I had a spill a while back my insurance company paid out without any hassle. I'm with ebike and have found them to be excellent.