PDA

View Full Version : Westminster Parking Tax Demonstration Today

mintyhit
11-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Anyone else going to the Westminster demonstration today?

http://www.notobikeparkingfees.com/

Remember your area could be next. £400 a year on parking is certainly worth protesting.

damo
12-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Were any of you guys down there? It was good fun and nice to see that many bikes around town!
Spotted a couple of Monsters, including one that was just passing by and joined for the heck of it so hi to you if you're reading this!

Hard to find any mention of it in the media this morning though, has it been reported somewhere?

animaluk
12-05-2009, 09:49 AM
I saw a few as i went passed you on victoria street

mintyhit
12-05-2009, 10:57 AM
I met that dude who randomly joined on the 900 as well. Nice guy.

I also met a stunning girl from Barcelona on a 600 dark that somehow got swept up in the whole thing.

A fun afternoon all in all. Can't find anything in the news though, just loads of random tourist youtube vids.

Scootaboy
12-05-2009, 11:07 AM
thought about going to this but as the tamil lot kicked off again closing parliament square etc I thought it'd be a nightmare traffic wise around there (which I suppose is the point :) )

also I thought the idea was to park in trafalger sq and walk to the offices? or did I get that wrong?

damo
12-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Damn I missed the Barcelona girl :banghead:

I don't understand how in a free country where I can get news as interesting as -say- a lost kitten in Birmingham there is not a single line about a thousand(s?) strong demonstration that badly disturbed central London traffic for like 3 hours and then sit right in the middle of Picadily Circus..

mintyhit
12-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Aha, it made the *cough* ITV *cough* 6 o clock news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHABoVQIbHg

Paivi
12-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Has the kitten been found?

mintyhit
12-05-2009, 02:13 PM
It has, a crazy overzealous traffic warden covered the poor little thing with fixed penalty fines, almost killing it.

Yet another reason not to create more jobs for those evil kitten killing bastards!

JMo
13-05-2009, 11:40 PM
I'm concerned... if all those bikes are going to park in Whitehall, wont the skirting boards get dirty?

I'll go to bed now...

xxx

gremlin
14-05-2009, 10:08 AM
It's ok the MPs will claim for cleaning costs on their expenses:chuckle::chuckle:

mintyhit
14-05-2009, 11:59 AM
It's ok the MPs will claim for cleaning costs on their expenses:chuckle::chuckle:

haha, very topical!

I ran out of fuel today at 55miles (full-ish tank before demo)... driving at 2mph around westminster is shockingly thirsty work!