PDA

View Full Version : Belgium return trip 2009

Albie
10-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Well Im taking the initiative to start a thread in advance of September trip so we can arrange accomodation early to avoid dissapointment. I have been informed by Leo that more rooms have been finished but that doesn't necessarily mean they will be available.
This years trip as far as Im concerned is like last year of pleasure , relaxation and friendship. Unfortunately no 400 plus bikes I doubt. What we will get is a warm welcome, great accomodation, some great scenery and roads, great food, great company and better still GREAT BEER.
Talk has been possibly Sat/Sunday only or if you are not tied to work maybe Monday. Up to you but whichever you choose Im in no doubt you wont be on your own.

Last year we had 3 locations because of the different bookings and the best was where most stayed and where one absconded too from another hotel because it was so nice. Its near the meeting and a great restaurant where we all met up with Belgiums and others.

Please use this thread to post thoughts and whose coming. I will collude with others to try and get this going and we need numbers for accomodation and travel either tunnel or ferry.

The date of the event will be from Saturday 19th September 2009 and meet is on Sunday the 20th September 2009

Link to accomodation we stayed at is here

http://www.boskapelhoeve.be/

Albie:thumbsup:

Albie and Caroline 1 nite (deluxe room)
Stafford 2 nites ( sharing deluxe with Grumpy)
J.P 2 nites (sharing suite with Logyk)
Gary T 2 nites (sharing with Shuffy)
Grumpy 2 nites (sharing deluxe with Stafford)
Shuffy 2 nites ( standard possible share with GT)
Ladybird 2 nites (deluxe will share)
Logyk 2 nites (sharing suite with J.P)
LouSCannon 2 nites (possible share with AlanC )
Desmo & Roz ( maybe )booking own later
Alan c 2 nites (standard possible share Lous Cannon)
Slob and Thuli ( deluxe )
Rollo 2 nites ( not sharing)
Scrapps 2 nites
Provisional room allocation for your approval
There are as we speak 11 rooms available.
The suite x 1
J.P and Logyk 2nites

Deluxe Rooms x 8
Albie and Caroline 1 nite
Ladybird 2nites possible share
Stafford and Grumpy 2 nites
Rollo 2 nites
Slob and Thuli
Scrapps 2 nites

Standard Rooms x 2
Shuffy 2 nites share with GT 2 nites
AlanC 2 nites share with Lous Cannon 2 nites

Stafford
10-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Stick me down for a spot Albie.
Last years place was fab and I'd more than happy to stay there again.
I guess we need to know what the MOB have planned for the weekend so we can be in the right place to attend any evening shenanigans.
With luck the tunnel won't catch fire this time!

Albie
10-05-2009, 07:33 PM
I would reckon they may join us. I will pm some of them to see what they say.

Albie
10-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Me and Caroline have emailed the Guesthouse.

gary tompkins
10-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Albie, Please put me down for a place at the hotel. I should be ok with Saturday to Monday if others are prepared to stay for the extra day? Tunnel not an issue for me either if the majority decide to go that route, and I may even have bike as an option by then.

desmo
11-05-2009, 05:51 AM
I missed this trip last year due to working & I have just missed the weekender for the same reason, so I wouldn't mind doing this trip.
I can't be sure until much later in the year, so I will just have to take a chance that their will be some accomodation left.
Put me & Roz as a maybe please.
Ta.

Shuffy
11-05-2009, 07:18 AM
Can you put me down for a place please, definitely don't want to miss this one. Ta very!

LouSCannon
11-05-2009, 07:44 AM
Heya Albie... long European trip from Manchester in September weather on a Monster... what could be better!

Put me down for a single place cheers chap. I might take the Friday off and head down south then (If you need a hand organising give me a shout).

ladybird
11-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Count me in please :)

J.P
11-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Yes please, but probably won't be on the Monster as I plan on going on somewhere else for the rest of that week and will need my Triumph's luggage and long miles ability.

Please Cut and paste to add your name:

Albie and Caroline
Stafford
J.P
Gary T
Shuffy
Ladybird
LouSCannon
Desmo & Roz

scrapps
11-05-2009, 11:14 AM
yes please (but no quack for me thanks):drunk:

Albie and Caroline
Stafford
J.P
Gary T
Shuffy
Ladybird
LouSCannon
Desmo & Roz
Scrapps

LouSCannon
11-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Qwak and Pink Elephant... two of THE best Belgian beers IMO!

Qwak, also known as Jim Beater! ;)

ladybird
11-05-2009, 12:22 PM
:twak: read more than one post before replying

I had a lot of Chimmay ...

alan c
11-05-2009, 12:50 PM
looking forward to returning :biggrin: hope to do sat to mon ?

Albie and Caroline
Stafford
J.P
Gary T
Shuffy
Ladybird
LouSCannon
Desmo & Roz
Scrapps
alan c

J.P
11-05-2009, 01:07 PM
It's KWAK, not Qwak

J.P
11-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Mind you, the effect is the same...

Jan (Belgium)
11-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Great,

Looking forward to pick you guys up somewhere in France and make a route towards Moerbeke from there (since I got to know how my satnav. works it should be better compared to last year :) )

If there's anything you would like to see on the way let me know,

See ya,

LouSCannon
11-05-2009, 02:03 PM
All I remember was:
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v3796/76/73/681216614/n681216614_2328541_2542768.jpg

And then waking up to this:
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v3796/76/73/681216614/n681216614_2328540_3705197.jpg

Before heading off to the Nurburgring for a hot lap in a M5.... was not well.... love the stuff!

J.P
11-05-2009, 02:49 PM

Blurred scenery please.

ladybird
11-05-2009, 03:45 PM
All I remember was:
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v3796/76/73/681216614/n681216614_2328541_2542768.jpg

And then waking up to this:
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v3796/76/73/681216614/n681216614_2328540_3705197.jpg

Before heading off to the Nurburgring for a hot lap in a M5.... was not well.... love the stuff!

At least you didn't wake up trying to chew your arm off (unless you're into that ... )

Jasper
11-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Albie and Caroline
Stafford
J.P
Gary T
Shuffy
Ladybird
LouSCannon
Desmo & Roz
Scrapps
alan c
Jason (Jasper) and Brigita

Stafford
11-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Looking forward to pick you guys up somewhere in France and make a route towards Moerbeke from there (since I got to know how my satnav. works it should be better compared to last year :) )

That's a relief :chuckle:

ladybird
11-05-2009, 05:37 PM
That's a relief :chuckle:

Yeah, you won't have sit behind me all the way back doing just under the speed limit while I get paranoid about coppers. :)

Gadget
11-05-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm in. Great time had by all last year.

Albie and Caroline
Stafford
J.P
Gary T
Shuffy
Ladybird
LouSCannon
Desmo & Roz
Scrapps
alan c
Gadget

gary tompkins
11-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Blimey I make that 15 with a few possibles already! :eek:

Maybe we need to start booking that B&B - can I please have a room facing the fridge?

Albie
12-05-2009, 07:37 AM
Blimey I make that 15 with a few possibles already! :eek:

Maybe we need to start booking that B&B - can I please have a room facing the fridge?

We have emailed them about availability and how many rooms they may have for us.

When they do then Im booking. I dont mind paying deposits for those who are coming and dont mind dealing with this if you want. Seeing as I have never organised nowt for you guys before it will be a challenge. Along with my secretary who is helping me.

Any chance of this thread being pinned on the events at top.

Albie
12-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Have had a reply so were booking tonight.

The reply :-

Dear miss Stevenson,

Since this month we have 6 additional deluxerooms (15 rooms in total).

During the weekend from Friday 18 till Sunday 20th September we still have rooms available:

2 Standard rooms - tv, free Wifi, bathroom (shower, sink, toilet)

1 pers: 70 €

2 pers: 90 €

8 Deluxe rooms - LCD-tv , free Wifi, minibar, safe, bathroom (walk-in rainshower, sink, toilet)

1 pers: 85 €

2 pers: 110 €

1 Suite - LCD-tv , free Wifi, minibar, safe, bathroom (rainshower, sink), separate toilet

1 pers. 100 €

2 pers. 130 €

The mentionned prices are valid from Sunday till Thursday or by a stay of 2 or more nights.

If you stay only one night in the weekend, then we'll charge 25 € extra per room.

Breakfast and VAT are inlcuded.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.

With kind regards,

Joris De Pauw

www.boskapelhoeve.be

J.P
12-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Put me down for the SUITE please. Happy to share or just to stroll around in my pants on my own. ;)

logyk
12-05-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm in too.....and happy to share the suite if that is ok with you J.P

Albie and Caroline
Stafford
J.P
Gary T
Shuffy
Ladybird
LouSCannon
Desmo & Roz
Scrapps
alan c
Gadget
logyk

Albie
12-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Ok guys will do. Is that 2 days or one like us

LouSCannon
12-05-2009, 09:21 AM
I'm happy with whatever Albie. I'll be looking to tag along with the bulk of people so I guess just a single night?

Albie
12-05-2009, 09:27 AM
I would imagine Jim that most can stay 2 nights. Im in the position that Caroline cant so I have to go home. Its much nicer staying until monday as more relaxed journey home. You can probs stay at ours friday night if you need.

J.P
12-05-2009, 09:38 AM
I'd certainly be there for two nights.
Happy to shack up with Logyk, again.

I'd recommend the two night stay unless you really have to get back on Sunday, seeing as it's about a 2 hr ride back to Calais, at least, then the crossing, then the ride to your home. All makes a very long day after the festivities.

LouSCannon
12-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Two nights it is then, got plenty of holiday to burn up...

Albie, might well take you up on that offer, will PM off thread.

Albie
12-05-2009, 10:24 AM
The suite x 1
J.P and Logyk 2nites

Deluxe Rooms x 8
Rollo 2 nites not sharing as snores
Scrapps 2 nites ? possibly Gadget 2nites ?

Standard Rooms x 2
I will book when I have you tell me for sure. I will do the deposits for you.:ukm:

Shuffy
12-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Two nights standard room please. Possible share with GT? (Are you brave enough Gary?)

alan c
12-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Standard room, two nights for me please Albie.

thanks.

Albie
12-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Standard room, two nights for me please Albie.

thanks.

Any preferance to sharing.

alan c
12-05-2009, 04:38 PM
share with anyone, i am easy :chuckle:

J.P
12-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Hey, Hey Alan, we've heard that.

J.P
12-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Albie, if you want me to pay the deposit for a better rate & charge on my credit card, let me know.

gary tompkins
12-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Two nights standard room please. Possible share with GT? (Are you brave enough Gary?)

No problem Chris :thumbsup:

After spending the weekender next to Alan's arse crack, I'm sure I can handle anything - see post #39 above.
By the way - you do know my leg tends to sleepwalk don't you? ;)

Albie you have a PM mate - I'm counting down the days already :spin:

Albie
13-05-2009, 07:55 AM
Still not heard from Gadget, Stuart 42 and Slob.
Hers a proposed list for your approval
The suite x 1
J.P and Logyk 2nites

Deluxe Rooms x 8
Rollo 2 nites

Standard Rooms x 2

Albie
14-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Right then best book these rooms. Not heard from Gadget or Slob. Scrapps isnt coming now unless he decides in next 4 months.

I will email to reserve rooms and how much deposit.

Total 7 rooms

Albie
14-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Hi guys and girls.

I have booked rooms initially as requested. They sent me an email confirming mine as booked tuesday. They are updating their website in next week or so with more details.

Not yet paid a deposit but it will be 25 euros per room per nite. Like I said I will sort or J.P will if he insists. I know he like doing that sort of thing and he gets a good rate. Or air miles I dont know.:D

Can I say thank you for commiting to this in advance. I know some of us have little money at moment but to us its a holiday.

Scrapps if you can make it great. Its a way off yet.

Gadget get in touch as I pm'd you.

Heres the email bits.
Dear Caroline,

We already made a reservation for your room.

In a few weeks we will renew our webiste and put some pictures of our new rooms on the net so that you can choose your room.

Last year we asked a deposit of 25 € per room, per night. This year we will ask the same deposit. I will sent you our bankdetails later on.

With kind regards,

Joris De Pauw
www.boskapelhoeve.be

LouSCannon
14-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks very much for organising that Albie! Let me know if you want some cash in advance?

Albie
14-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Thanks very much for organising that Albie! Let me know if you want some cash in advance?

No worries Jim.
Let me get the official confirmation through with payment detail first.

First thing I ever did for UKMOC on my initiative. Apparently I and J.P have some work to do next years Arrow mill. eeeeek:on::on:
Looks like your the man with the camera though.

So just eurotunnel to book at some point. No rush for that unless you want to. Oh and some new T shirts I think for the return. I will get my thinking head on. Bike no 059 on mine me thinks.

J.P
14-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Alb's, yes your right I tend to get a good currency rate on my credit card without any foreign currency charge either, so happy to do the same, but I'm away till June 2nd and can do it then, or if you send me the phone no. of the place I'll call them and then pass on the actual cost.

If anyone stitches me up on the money I'll come and find you and let your tyre's down. ;)

Albie
14-05-2009, 01:09 PM
I guess thats a yes then to a good offer. I will pm the number for you and thank you for doing it even though my credit card is at 0 owed.

PS have a great safe trip. Lots of pics and say Hi to LVC from me and maybe a few pics of his bike. Carbon festival.

gary tompkins
14-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Nice one Albie :cool:

Thanks for sorting booking out, and thanks also to J.P too for credit services ;)

I'm sure we'll have more people jump on the Belgium bandwagon in a few weeks time?

rollo22
14-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Well done Albie for sorting it all out and JP for his financial services

The more the Merirer
Its a lovely place to stay and good bar/restraunt within walking distance

Shuffy
16-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Brilliant, thanks for sorting all that out Albie and J.P let me know when you need the desposit money.

Albie
17-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Another 2 coming. Please welcome Slob and Thuli to our party. :D

Oh and is a possiblility Gully maybe but wont know for a while.

Albie
18-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Mr Slob and Thuli your deluxe room with walkin shower and LCD tv is booked for your weekend. Please tell me if you are saturday nite only or sat/sunday or fri/sat

Thank you

slob
18-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Mr Slob and Thuli your deluxe room with walkin shower and LCD tv is booked for your weekend. Please tell me if you are saturday nite only or sat/sunday or fri/sat

Thank you

Thanks Albie, only just catching up with this thread, have been in Africa for 10 days with only occasional access to t'interweb... Sat & Sun please... back in UK next week.

Albie
18-05-2009, 07:02 PM
I thought as such matey. Unlike you to go quiet for so long.
Will pass that on to relavent people ......... Carolineeeeeeeeeeeee............. Slob say's:mand:

Albie
23-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Hi guys. I was speaking to J.P on saturday about getting some deposits down for belgium trip. J.P is formally paying it for us using his card so thanks for that. And we then pay him asap as he knows where we all live apparently. I have emailed tonight for banking deposits so be aware that it will be soon. I dont want any hitches saying we never got back you see as my heads on block and you are the axemen :rolleyes:

Basically 25 euros per room per nite. If your sharing its 25 euros if your not then thats 50 euros or Slob you have to pay Thullis as well so 50 for you. I will pm you in case you dont read this. please respond just to say you got message.

Cheers
Albie

gary tompkins
23-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Got PM thanks Albie

Top man JP for sorting deposit

J.P
24-06-2009, 03:12 PM
No, need to send me the money yet.
Once I've paid and got the correct rate back, I can then let you know what the stirling amount is exactly.

Albs, let me know when you need me to contact them.
I'm away next week on holiday, AGAIN !

logyk
25-06-2009, 06:41 AM
No, need to send me the money yet.
Once I've paid and got the correct rate back, I can then let you know what the stirling amount is exactly.

Albs, let me know when you need me to contact them.
I'm away next week on holiday, AGAIN !

Did you retire aleady ?

J.P
25-06-2009, 11:13 AM
I've got 36 days holiday to take this year, but I think a 'forced retirement' isn't that far away, at which point I'll need to ask the wife for petrol money !!

Albie
08-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Scrapp's is now coming with us and we are awaiting confirmation of a room. There are plenty of croissants apparently.:D

ladybird
08-07-2009, 08:17 PM
So then. Chocolate factory visit ?

J.P
09-07-2009, 09:34 AM
How about a stop for lunch in Brugges ?
Park in the main square, plenty of chocolate there.

scrapps
09-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Mmm croissants i will pop one in my pocket and save it for later ! lol

ladybird
16-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Great,

See ya,

Hi Jan,

I would like to visit a chocolate factory :) as opposed to just a shop.
But I am not sure if there is one en route ...

LB

gary tompkins
16-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Can I request a room that's as close to the 'magic fridge' as possible?

:booze:

Jan (Belgium)
17-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Jan (Belgium)
Great,

Looking forward to pick you guys up somewhere in France and make a route towards Moerbeke from there (since I got to know how my satnav. works it should be better compared to last year )

See ya,

Hi Jan,

I would like to visit a chocolate factory as opposed to just a shop.
But I am not sure if there is one en route ...

LB

Hello Will keep it in mind,
Maybee following the coastal road and towards Bruges for lunch could be an option

Till september

Stafford
17-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Glad to hear you've sorted out the sat nav Jan :chuckle:

J.P
17-07-2009, 01:30 PM
All we need now is the speedo sorted too.

J.P
17-07-2009, 01:31 PM
.............;)

ladybird
20-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Glad to hear you've sorted out the sat nav Jan :chuckle:

Reminds me I need to refresh the gaffa tape on mine and re-load europe (+cameras)

Jan (Belgium)
01-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Bad news, I won't be able to pick you up on this side of the channel, in fact I won't be riding my bike for some time (if it will still be able to ride again).

Past weekend I had a nasty crash at the Nordschleife, wrecking the bike and causing a broken bone in my left hand and a broken collarbone (also left side). (see also other thread)

Next week we'll have another meeting about our monster day, and we'll try to figur out how to solve this (probably someone will pick you guys up)

Best regards and see you in a couple of weeks.

Jan,

Albie
01-08-2009, 01:54 PM
get well soon jan. i may even have to drive over as yet. dont know whether will be able to ride especially 2 up with luggage.

Stafford
01-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Don't worry Jan we'll follow the Ladybird.
Hope you're on the mend soon.

ladybird
01-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Don't worry Jan we'll follow the Ladybird.
Hope you're on the mend soon.

I think everyone has ... 2009:year of the broken collarbone

Hope you mend soon too.

scrapps
05-08-2009, 11:50 AM
get well soon jan. i may even have to drive over as yet. dont know whether will be able to ride especially 2 up with luggage.

Albie as you know i always travel lite so i am more than happy to take a large share of your luggage over for you.:spin:

Albie
05-08-2009, 11:54 AM
oh cheers mate. we will be travelling light hopefully. appreciate help if necessary.