PDA

View Full Version : tacho wiring???

pfcdaz
02-05-2009, 06:36 PM
I have bought a new set of clocks for my m600 from eBay, not entirely sure what monster they came off, but the speedo is a mechanical one. There was no tacho on the original and I am trying to work out if I can notch a way to get the new one working. In terms of connectors it has 2 wires, red and either blue or black, I can't remember, and one small White square connector which I assume would go to the ecu that dies not exist on my bike.

Anyone got any idea if I can connect it up somehow, possibly using the coils or something?

daz7505
02-05-2009, 11:02 PM
i have just collected my 98 m750 today which normally has the clocks without rev counter, however it HAD a set of later clocks on with rev counter. but rev counter not working. i have removed these and am in the process of wiring up an acewell digital speedo with built in rev counter. there is a wire going to the coil packs which can be used for revs, will post up the wire colour and location some time tomorrow for you.

however one thing i did notice on the clocks that were on, maybe same ones has yours, the low petrol warning light was coming on when the sidestand was down. but that will all change once the acewell is on. am missing a couple of tell tale lights on my acewell so will be mounting a couple of leds for them ones instead.

J_Dub
03-05-2009, 07:49 AM
You could try http://www.ducatisuite.com/miscmods.html

The rev counter on my M900 doesn't work either Daz7505, I don't know whether to go back to original set up or try something along the lines of an Acewell clock.:scratch:

daz7505
03-05-2009, 04:07 PM
i've just finished fitting an acewell to my m750, and for the rev counter i used the yellow wire on a 2 way plug off the black module under the seat, next to the battery. there is 2 of these, the one i used was on the right hand side. adjusted the acewell to suit, and now got a digital rev counter along with a digital speedo. plus all my tell tale lights.
the side stand switch and the nuetral switch both gave out a pos signal to the original clocks, so had to trace wires and wire both switches to give a neg out to work correctly with my acewell speedo. just need to add a couple of leds now, one for battery light and one for fuel light then all done.

pfcdaz
03-05-2009, 05:16 PM
result! I managed to get it working surprisingly easily. 3 wires from the tach went to the 3 wires in the connector on the coil and bobs your aunties brother...working tach! So, what revs are you supposed to change gear at???