PDA

View Full Version : Streetfighter Launch Sat 9th and Sun 10th May 2009

Nonnie
29-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Seastar are having an open weekend from 9 to 6 on the Saturday and 10 til 4 on the Sunday to launch the new Streetfighter.

There will be....

Hog Roast (while piggy lasts)
Prize Draws
Organised Rideouts
Special Offers all weekend

For those of you who don't know where they are, travel up the A140 to Newton Flotman and you can't miss it.

Snips
05-05-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm intending to drop by this, but I'm flexible when (as things stand).

Anyone else going to be in attendance?

forresterone
05-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Riders of Bristol are also holding a similar event on the 9th/10th

walpole68
05-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Couldnt wait for that,got demo booked for thursday while having a few goodies fitted to my bike.Do i need another 50 hp ? will let you know Thursday night.

Nonnie
05-05-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm intending to drop by this, but I'm flexible when (as things stand).

Anyone else going to be in attendance?

Hey Cupcake, apparently Rod is organising a rideout from Seastar so you could do that. Apparently it's coffee and cakes and everything at Snape. And apparently it's on the Sunday.

:)

Snips
05-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the info, Nonnie.

I just looked over in 'the other place' and found the thread, cheers.

MON
06-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Couldnt wait for that,got demo booked for thursday while having a few goodies fitted to my bike.Do i need another 50 hp ? will let you know Thursday night.

So what you having done now...?

walpole68
06-05-2009, 11:42 AM
So what you having done now...?
Finally my pressure plate has turned up,i wanted the new style 5 arm one,so open clutch being done,got a couple of DP gold bits to go on,a splash of carbon and price up the full termi system as i may have a buyer for my cans.So nothing major as not much else can get at the moment,its rear sets i want more than any thing.So having a play while waiting as streetfighter could be a project for this winter.Unless the monster can find about 20bhp.

walpole68
07-05-2009, 07:42 PM

So the Streetfighter,well its not as nice looking as the monster but is very mean looking.To sit on very small and compact,same weight as the monster,clocks are very small but still easy enough to read.New switch gear is horrible,buttons far to small and not very positive in action.The exhaust heat shield sticks out to far and makes your right boot stick out at a angle.Hit the starter and its all fairly quiet,light clutch and a light click into first and away we go.First impression,wow this is so smooth round town,no lumpiness,very easy to keep to speed limits.First roundabout tells me the handling is suberb,gives loads of confidence,onto a long straight and time to whack the throttle open in second,no wheelie ! my 1100 would be looking at the clouds,but oh so quick,really quick,the longer swing arm doing its job to keep the wheel down,the power is very addictive i was having lots of fun but was using much higher speeds to have fun than i would need to on the monster.The front brake is scary ! One finger slight dab and massive stopping power,too much for the damp roads this morning,and would be very easy to catch you out.So i head back to the shop with a hugh grin,very impressed.Thinking i would miss the power on the way home but i didnt,had just as much fun with less scary moments and less chance of losing licence.
So do i need another 60hp,no i dont. But a streetfighter 848 would be tempting.No its not a monster or a superbike but it is a excellent and very quick road bike.

MON
08-05-2009, 06:35 AM
Seen it now ;) looking good.

If you ever consider going for the carbon hugger like mine, I've sourced a carbon chain guard to match.

Am I to assume you've been out the the black "S" they've got in Coventry?

squiffything
08-05-2009, 06:39 AM
Good write up.

There will be a few heading up to Seastar from Newmarket if anyone is interested in joining us for a rideout. Sunday morning leaving the BP garage at 10.30 get there for around 10 - 10.15 to fill up and have a quick chat before we head off. Meet up with Rod and a few of the Norfolk lot and a run across to Snape for a cuppa and cake.

Rods thread on the other side is here:

http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/forum/meets-rideouts-uk/32283-east-anglian-rideout-take-two-streetfighter-launch.html#post344905

walpole68
08-05-2009, 07:05 AM
Seen it now ;) looking good.

If you ever consider going for the carbon hugger like mine, I've sourced a carbon chain guard to match.

Am I to assume you've been out the the black "S" they've got in Coventry?

No i was out on Snells red one.I have the carbon rear hugger but a chain guard would be nice,where can i find one ?

MON
08-05-2009, 11:29 AM
You can get one at http://www.carbonworld.de

It's not the cheapest item in the world (is carbon fibre ever cheap?), but it does finish off the swing arm nicely. Although it's from Germany, their delivery is cheap and efficient.

It simply fastens on over the original, but unfortunately it's a wheel-out job as the screw's tucked behind the tyre.

I got mine fitted for me for the price of a pint of lager to the mechanic, to save me the effort as I haven't got around to getting a socket to fit the wheel nut yet ;)

walpole68
08-05-2009, 11:45 AM
You can get one at http://www.carbonworld.de

It's not the cheapest item in the world (is carbon fibre ever cheap?), but it does finish off the swing arm nicely. Although it's from Germany, their delivery is cheap and efficient.

It simply fastens on over the original, but unfortunately it's a wheel-out job as the screw's tucked behind the tyre.

I got mine fitted for me for the price of a pint of lager to the mechanic, to save me the effort as I haven't got around to getting a socket to fit the wheel nut yet ;)

Thanks for that,managed to fit the rear hugger without removing the rear wheel so will have a look tonight see if i can do this to before ordering.

AndyP
08-05-2009, 03:23 PM
I'll be going up from Ipswich if anyone wants to join me?