PDA

View Full Version : Anybody read MCN today? (Streetfighter Content)

Duke_Hatty
29-04-2009, 07:54 AM
So, the Duke Streetfighter gets a bit of a slagging off then? And they reckon the Speed Triple is a better road bike....
TBH I'm not that surprised......

PDL
29-04-2009, 08:15 AM
I would agree, what does a top quality road bike need?

- Super cornering
- Comfort
- Loads of torque up to 100mph
- Cool looks

Oh, let me think, that would be a Monster then wouldn't it. Some bikes are just too quick for the road.

giler
29-04-2009, 08:59 AM
TBH, I'm not even that keen on the look of the thing.

jerry
29-04-2009, 07:06 PM
I had a go on one today and its brilliant it looks great in the flesh too, I want one but cant afford it but its superb.very light very comfy and great handling and sound .

Mand
29-04-2009, 07:08 PM
I had a go on one today and its brilliant it looks great in the flesh too, I want one but cant afford it but its superb.very light very comfy and great handling and sound .

I assume you're talking about the Speedtriple :p

desmo
29-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Saw one in the dealers the other day, didn't float my boat at all I am afraid.
1. Don't need that much power.
2. It's too dammed espensive.
3. I think it's ugly, especially the exhaust.

Sorry but the Monster beats it hands down for me

Yorkie
29-04-2009, 07:15 PM
I like the looks of it, and if it handles like a trackbike (A little too firm for the road) then thats all good for me. I would love one!

But at that price and me being tight it just isnt going to happen!

Yorkie.

dlloyduk
29-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Yes I read it and don't think it was good reading for Ducati. A bike that all but equals it at £6k cheaper that you can spend on its little brother to use as a work Hack.

CH!P
29-04-2009, 10:57 PM
It's pure sex. End of. Lol.... But, how can they compare a bike that is derived from a bike like the 1098 and costs 6k more to the Speed Triple? It's like comparing my Saxo to a 911 Turbo! As said, if anything they should have been comparing it to the Monster.

Snips
29-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Got a bit a slagging in BIKE too :(

BluprintZ
29-04-2009, 11:50 PM
I've never been keen on the "Streetfighter", it looks like something men in suits have designed, a bit of an accessory.
I would have thought Streetfighter would mean something sleek, more naked than naked can be, instead we get quite a bulky lump that in my opinion, doesn't really come across as good as it could/should have done, plus it's damned expensive.
I'm booking a test ride on a Triumph Thruxton when i get back from da mill, i'll still be keeping the 900 though, `cos i loves it! x
Just goes to show, it's difficult to improve on perfection, some of us just can't help liking aircooled. innit?

G.:cool:.

Scootaboy
30-04-2009, 09:04 AM
love the look of it myself, especially in white...but way too much £££ for little ol' me....:(

LouSCannon
30-04-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm booking a test ride on a Triumph Thruxton when i get back from da mill
G.:cool:.

Wanted one of those for a while!

CH!P
30-04-2009, 11:36 AM
love the look of it myself, especially in white...but way too much £££ for little ol' me....:(

Thought they only did it in black or red?

Scootaboy
30-04-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm sure they do white as well, they certainly did at the excel show, looked amazing (if slightly unfinished there)

I do like the speed triple but they're a bit common compared to the streetfighter ;) (more likely to get one than the streetfighter though)

jerry
30-04-2009, 07:26 PM
I assume you're talking about the Speedtriple :p

NO!!!!!! my Friend George is a rich bugger ,he is a lawyer and he bought one 2 weeks ago, he has an MV ,a Speed triple 1050 and 2 HDs ,an old Commando and the Streetfighter its brilliant.he let me have a brief 10 mile thrash on it.

Cheers Jerry