PDA

View Full Version : Ride Out to 'Riders Cardiff' Open Day 09 May

Goody76
28-04-2009, 06:15 PM
A nice chat with Duncan and Martin of Riders Bristol has informed me of the up and coming open day at 'Riders Cardiff' on saturday the 9th May. So in apprecaiation for all their support and help over the years i thought i would of suggest a ride out to the new showroom, with a detour either on the way there or the way back. Make a full day of it, so please feel free to register your support - names below;

Mr & Mrs Goody76

Goody76
05-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Sorry to have kept you all.
As I had said earlier, I wanted to do ride over to the open day, but i wanted to make it a nice little ride... problem... still don't know my way around that well.

So after some talks with people with a bit more local knowledge we are looking at going;

9am at the Esso Garage next to the 'Willy Wicket', just off the Ring Road
Old Severn Bridge
Usk B4235
Pontypool A472
Crumlin A467
Newbridge A472
Maesycwmmer A469
Caerphilly A469
Cardiff A469

All ready for a nice day at Riders. And those of you still keen to get out and enjoy those great Welsh roads, Miles Farren (who is also coming along) is also suggesting an afternoons ride around the highlights of "the black mountains via merthyr, brecon, abergevenney, Monmouth and chepstow if anyone else fancies it"

So come on people... lets get some names on this list;

Goody76 (and possibly the Mrs too)

Goody76
06-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Just a small change in plans.

Everyone is now meeting at Riders in Bristol at 9am ready fro the ride-out to Riders Cardiff.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible. Hopefully show a nice level of support for Riders... as they have always shown us great support.

Goody76
10-05-2009, 10:28 AM
We had a great day out. Riders Bristol kindly put on some nice bacon butties to fuel us up for the ride out, and then we were off.

Had a great ride over, with some amazing roads / routes. Although the police did seem as though they were going to put damper on it from the start. Although he did seem to be a decent fella with a bit of a slap on the wrist, and then spending the rest of the time just admiring Phil's desmo.

The rest of the trip went well (well with the exception of a few council estate detours... haha).

We then got to enjoy the delights of the new Riders dealership with a fine array of great bikes (both in the showroom and filling the car park), as well as great selection of clothing and merchandise.

Of course don't let me forget the fine burgers on offer.

So i hope this is now the start of a few great ride-outs in order to make the most of the predicted great summer sunshine.

Till then...