PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Fester's Big Brother

Snips
25-04-2009, 12:42 PM
I appreciate it's a bit insensitive to post about new bikes in times in credit crunch (fwiw, my own job is in the balance at the moment too).

However, I decided it was my turn for some financial irresponsibility :)

Out with the old in with the new...

http://www.nigelstreet.com/M1100S.jpg

Snips
15-05-2009, 09:41 PM
(fwiw, my own job is in the balance at the moment too).

I was 'under consultation' for my job, but I got a new role at the company this week, so I live to work another day, and I can afford the bike I'd already bought - phew! ;)

benson
15-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Congratulations sir! Have you sold the 696 then? And aren't those wheels to be lusted after!
- wish you well to ride it!!!:mand:

Snips
15-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Congratulations sir! Have you sold the 696 then? And aren't those wheels to be lusted after!
- wish you well to ride it!!!:mand:

Cheers Benson!

I traded in my 696. The above photo shows the chop-in in progress :)

I love those wheels; love the dry clutch rattle (more than I ever thought I would ;) ).

See you in Brackley!

Gilps
16-05-2009, 04:06 AM
That looks real nice. Enjoy it.

benson
16-05-2009, 07:00 AM
And those golden legs! Here's to the purchase of the safety system for the exhausts....:D

Arbeia
16-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Really nice!

singletrack
16-05-2009, 11:38 AM
It's lovely - my other half is very tempted by one - if he gets that I wonder if I can swing some more bling for my Hypermotard :thumbsup:

Snips
16-05-2009, 11:52 AM
And those golden legs! Here's to the purchase of the safety system for the exhausts....:D

"Loud pipes save lives" :)

Thanks everyone!

Arbeia
16-05-2009, 12:32 PM
"Loud pipes save lives" :)

Thanks everyone!

I beg to differ. Some people play their music to loud in their cars to hear anything else on the road. I had termis on the 696 and the guy who went into me was playing loud music.:Furious:

Snips
30-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Dropped the bike off for it's first service today, will be collecting it later in the week, after a business trip to Finland (me, not the bike).

So, next weekend I can be a bit more liberal with the revs. Oddly, the limit remains 7K rpm right up until 2500 km (or 1553 miles, in local currency).

benson
31-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Hope that you have a good time in Finland - vodka is my abiding memory/lack of same....

Meanwhile really looking forward to seeing the 1100 in the flesh again at some point Snips - we really do have to meet up for chips and tea and cake....

Albie
31-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Hope that you have a good time in Finland - vodka is my abiding memory/lack of same....

Meanwhile really looking forward to seeing the 1100 in the flesh again at some point Snips - we really do have to meet up for chips and tea and cake....

Hi Benson we were talking about a meet either in essex or Ace sometime soon.

benson
01-06-2009, 06:03 AM
OK SLight hi-jack by the soon to be new 1100 owner peeps :biggrin: but yes indeed - a meet would be good!

The weekends are best really, so I suppose the first one comingup for me will be the brackley run on the 27th June!

Only a few days now Albie!!!:woot::woot::woot:

Snips
04-06-2009, 08:35 PM
As an update, my 1100 has now had its first service, yay!

I use St Neots Motorcycles, whom I highly recommend.

The bikes was booked in for a service on Wednesday morning, but as I was off to Finland for business this week, they were quite happy for me to drop the bike off on Saturday. In the end they serviced it a day early so I could collect it on Tuesday evening, the night I was originally going to drop it off.

Riding the bike home post-service was much more relaxing - not having to be so concerned about varying the revs regularly etc. The rev limit remains 7K until 2500 km (disappointingly) but at least that service is out of the way.

Good luck with your new bike, Albie.