PDA

View Full Version : m750 chromo

daz7505
25-04-2009, 06:36 AM
this is my m750, not actually got it yet as only bought it on tuesday, and waiting for new belts to be put on before collecting it, once home, i will take some other pics and post them up.http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee250/daz7505/Image076.jpg

uksurfer
25-04-2009, 09:05 AM
nice, that tank might need some polishing, shiney shiney
________
Lamborghini 350gtv history (http://www.lamborghini-tech.com/wiki/Lamborghini_350GTV)

Yorkie
25-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Nice shiney tank, it would look great with a carbon mudguard and seat cover!

Yorkie.

daz7505
25-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Nice shiney tank, it would look great with a carbon mudguard and seat cover!

Yorkie.

they are carbon, with red and gold overlaid. but with carbon still showing. infact every piece of plastic as been replaced with lovely black gold.

chris yeatman
27-04-2009, 10:29 PM
i like the tank.

daz7505
04-05-2009, 09:17 PM
right, i need some help. this is my first monster, always wanted one and now at last :) finally got one.

i have been looking thru the history of the bike, i thought that the tank was off a 900 chromo, but all the history i do have states silver for the main c0lour of the bike. did ducati ever do a m750 with the chrome tank as standard or as a special editon, i can find info on m900 chromos, but nothng for a m750 chromo.

also the vin number, is quite unique in my opinion. all the standard multitude of jumbled letters and numbers, then the last six is 000748, which happens to be the correct cc of my bike. is this just pure coincedence.

also front brakes are twin, not single. been told that the front carbon mudgaurd is from an s4 and the clock set which i removed and replaced with an acewell is also off an s4, could any one tell me by looking at the pic if the forks and therefore the everything attached to the forks are from an s4. or do i have a limited/special edition m750 which the front end is standard for my bike?????

if you can see anything else on my bike which is non standard i would be gratefull if they are pointed out to me, and yes i already know i have aftermarket cans before any one mentions it.

or does anyone recognise my monster.

Pedro
04-05-2009, 09:30 PM
OK, at a best guess....

The Chromo was never put on the 750 that I know of so a previous owner has added it.

Without know the age of the bike, it looks like it's had later fork fitted to upgrade to twin disc hence the change of mudgaurd - the later bikes use a plastic clip around the forks to mount the guard

You also appear to have S4 wheels, 5 spoke Marchesinis, very nice and well worth keeping! The tea tray also looks like it's off a later bike too.

It may sound like a bit of a bitsa but what you have is a bike with what I'd consider as upgrades. Providing the chassis and engine numbers match the paperwork then you're ok!

Ped

daz7505
04-05-2009, 09:42 PM
OK, at a best guess....

The Chromo was never put on the 750 that I know of so a previous owner has added it.

Without know the age of the bike, it looks like it's had later fork fitted to upgrade to twin disc hence the change of mudgaurd - the later bikes use a plastic clip around the forks to mount the guard

You also appear to have S4 wheels, 5 spoke Marchesinis, very nice and well worth keeping! The tea tray also looks like it's off a later bike too.

It may sound like a bit of a bitsa but what you have is a bike with what I'd consider as upgrades. Providing the chassis and engine numbers match the paperwork then you're ok!

Ped

its a 98 r plate, the wheels do have marchesinis on plus brembo. seen loads of monsters, but never with a chrome tank, and when i first seen this one in the shop, it was a case of i had to have it. i hate chrome, always have done but it just looks so right on my bike. there isnt anything i want to change at all on my bike apart from the clocks which i have already changed to an acewell unit as i already had it for my classic mini but sold it a few weeks ago before i fitted them. the rev counter did not work on the 's4' non digital clocks that where on my bike. just need to put 2 leds on, 1 for battery and one for low fuel.

Pedro
04-05-2009, 09:47 PM
The 750 never came with 5 spokes and they will be marked up with Brembo as well as they own Marchesini. Wheel swap is a common upgrade and a good one as the Marchesinis are a good bit lighter

daz7505
04-05-2009, 10:13 PM
so therefore i have a ducati monster m750/s4/m900 chromo/etc/etc lol

at end of day, i ****ing love it. :) :)

gary tompkins
05-05-2009, 07:45 AM
Nice bike

There's an article about the 1997 monster here which gives an indication of standard spec for that year. My guess is someone has raided a later S4 or 900 for parts (Forks, brakes, wheels, mudguard, indicators, teatray etc..) to up-grade the 750, with the chromo tank also coming from a later spec 900. The give away is the slight miss-match on seat to tank fitting. Earlier seats & tanks have a different shape both there, and at the knee cut-outs, which has led to the slight gap at seat on yours.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/ducati/first-impression-1997-ducati-m750-monster-14353.html

Anyway, enjoy your new purchase and welcome to the UKMOC family :mand:

giler
05-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Very nice - if you ever get fed up polishing the tank.........

animaluk
05-05-2009, 10:47 AM
yeah only 900 and s4 came out in the cromo guise

the s4 being a smaller run than the 900

Things of note do not drop as i did (replacement tank is 2k) and was only one left which i had for the s4 dont know about the

the origanal cromo came with black body work and silver belt covers which are indeed all carbon fibre, having had ray and rosso course looks mine and there is lots of little special details on the s4 cromo its basiclly and uprated version on the standard s4 :yoparty:

I love mine in sure you will love yours

daz7505
05-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Things of note do not drop as i did (replacement tank is 2k) and was only one left which i had for the s4 dont know about the

so what your saying is that my tank is worth more than i paid for my bike lol

slob
05-05-2009, 02:24 PM
so what your saying is that my tank is worth more than i paid for my bike lol

They'd *cost* more than you paid (they're *worth* what someone is willing to pay for them) the wheels, brakes and exhaust pipes combined are that much again too.

Scootaboy
05-05-2009, 02:49 PM
couldnt you just get a normal (undamaged) tank off ebay and get it chromed? or are they a different shape altogether?

I must admit I thought thats what the previous owner had done, I didnt realise it was a limited editiion

animaluk
05-05-2009, 03:05 PM
yup thats how mine came when i got it

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z272/animaluk1/cromo.jpg

of course i added some bits to it now but thats what the cromo looks like in its origanal form

slob
05-05-2009, 03:14 PM
The trick would be getting a mint tank with no filler anywhere on it.

animaluk
05-05-2009, 03:27 PM
The trick would be getting a mint tank with no filler anywhere on it.

still a lot of dosh to have cromed we where looking about the 1000 mark + the price of the tank looked in to this when i wanged mine

on the upshoot it was worth having the last one evermade to see ray and marcus tiptoe around not wanting to mark it lol

CK & AK
05-05-2009, 03:29 PM
One of the 'old' members had a lovely USA import M900ie Chromo (black frame etc) - Giorgio was a lovely fella who also helped out in making the DVD of the weekender back in 2003 & 2004. Lived locally to us - not far from Kingston on Thames

Am sure some here will remember him - even if it was for going straight on (rather than round a bend) on the 2004 Saturday rideout to Wales with Phoenix) :D
Scared tha pants off me when he joined AK & I for a rideout back from the National Motorcycle museum in 2002 - as he rode it like an Italian can only do, all the way home :D

CK

Scootaboy
05-05-2009, 04:14 PM

of course i added some bits to it now but thats what the cromo looks like in its origanal form

that is quite stunning - and thats from someone who's seen an awful lot of chrome on italian bikes (ok scoots :) ) over the years!

Pedro
05-05-2009, 04:16 PM

That looks mint! I like that a lot

daz7505
05-05-2009, 08:01 PM
They'd *cost* more than you paid (they're *worth* what someone is willing to pay for them) the wheels, brakes and exhaust pipes combined are that much again too.

i paid £1495 on an r plate with 12 month mot for mine, seen more standard looking ones going for more. the bike shop owner did say the original owner had spent a silly amount of money on it. and since collecting it on saturday ive added an acewell digi dash to it, as the rev counter on the s4 clocks did not work.

and already every one that sees it comments on it :)