22-04-2009, 01:39 PM
I'm about to

drain oil
remove oil cooler and lines
remove started motor
remove rear sets & replce with prettier ones
remove my zard exhaust

then prep and paint my engine cases and put it all back together again

before I embark upon my first major piece of unbolting is there anything I should be carful of, are there any seals that I will need to replace when chaging over the oil upon putting everything back together again.

I'm replacing the stock rear sets with pettier ones so is there any issues here with fluids??

Also putting on one of those speedymoto crank case covers - anything I need to know about oil here - I presume once drained all good to go.

It looks pretty simple but as I am a total novice I wanted to be be prepared for anyting unexpected.

Thanks

J

Pomp1
22-04-2009, 01:47 PM
new seal for the oil plug (but they can be generally reused), starter motor could do with a new gasket,and to remove it you need to take the LHS crankcase off,3 screws one at 12 o'clock, one at 8 on the outside and one at 4, remove it via the hole in the idle gear cog. carefull with the rear set not to put it upside down or you'll have a GP style gearchange.If you remove the whole downpipe you'll need new exhaust gaskets.Good luck

seby
22-04-2009, 01:58 PM
speedymoto crank case covers 2 minutes to fix it

littlejimmy12
22-04-2009, 02:01 PM
as ever thanks

slob
22-04-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm replacing the stock rear sets with pettier ones so is there any issues here with fluids?

As long as the reservoir stays upright/above the rest of the system it will be fine, that way the air above the fluid can't get into the rest of the system. At worst you'll need to re-bleed it.
At the moment I have a rear brake system hanging from a shelf in my garage on a bungee, to ensure just that.
Aftermarket rearsets often have no provision for the stock brake light switch, in which case you'll need a banjo bolt with a hydraulic switch built in, in which case you'll need to bleed the system anyway.

seby
22-04-2009, 02:02 PM
i have to check the price for your request, but i guess is not much more cheaper

rearsets have arrived?

littlejimmy12
22-04-2009, 02:45 PM
yes have arrived but I wasn't in so they will ge delivered by postman tomorrow - v exited....new shiny bits of billet!!

gremlin
22-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Take photos, so you know where everything goes back and label bits as they come off so you know what they are and where they went. If you get in a muddle ring!

littlejimmy12
22-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Take photos, so you know where everything goes back and label bits as they come off so you know what they are and where they went. If you get in a muddle ring!

expect a phone call!!!

Funkatronic
23-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Jimmmy, do you have a service manual?
if not, i have a pdf i could send you

littlejimmy12
23-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Jimmmy, do you have a service manual?
if not, i have a pdf i could send you

PM sent

James