PDA

View Full Version : A true gentleman & legend

NattyBoy
21-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Just sorting through some old pictures tonight and found this which I thought I'd share from World Ducati Week 2004 along with a great memory of meeting the one and only Frankie Chili.

He was just strolling in the garage, cool as you like to suit up for some demo laps of misano on his WSB PSG1 999RS and a swarm of people appeared for his autograph and picture.

I had the double buggy and just waited at the back and I was getting a bit pushed around to be honest - it was proper warm too !

I walked off as the kids were getting restless, and later that afternoon he came over out of nowhere and mentioned he saw me queing up and leaving and started to make a fuss of the kids, asking if I'd like some goodies for them and a drink in the paddock !

Missus didnt know whio he was and we were all having a right good old chat!

You dont get that in F1 do you ;>) !!!?

Awesome rider, good looking, and managed a deckchair business in Rimini with his missus out of season. You can go off some people cant you !!?

Pedro
21-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Who's the dwarf with the large head behind the buggy? Good job the kids didn't see that, be traumatised for life!

:chuckle:

NattyBoy
21-04-2009, 09:24 PM
tw@t !!! lol !!!

gremlin
21-04-2009, 10:07 PM
It's good to hear of stars being so kind, I bet a footballer wouldn't do the same. When I met Ken Wallis (the chap who built Little Nellie for the Bond film) the same happened, people were barging in front but he made a fuss of me because I'd waited patiently. All the those who had been so selfish got less time with him. He's an awesome bloke, in his eighties and still flying gyrocopters and still has so many projects he wants to do, it's sad that life being what it is he probably won't get a chance to do all he's got lined up. John Reynolds was a sweetie too, maybe it's a biker thing.

grunter
21-04-2009, 10:21 PM
snow white?:booze:

MON
22-04-2009, 08:58 AM
My wife and I met him last year at his beach resort near Rimini when we were over there for the MotoGP; he was out on the beach stacking deck chairs :eyepopping:

A really decent and genuine guy.

giler
22-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Ifa your dad don'ta get hes arm off my shoulder - he getta smack!