PDA

View Full Version : How to get big attendance for the NATIONAL RIDEOUT ?

J.P
21-04-2009, 11:01 AM
The Spring Bank Holiday fast approaches and the UKMOC annual get together in Alcester, Warwickshire, is all set. Sunday is the day where we hope to hold the 'National Rideout' with as many members as possible, both for those staying at the venue and day-trippers looking for a nice ride on a Sunday.
:ukm:

But I wanted to ask, how are we all helping to make sure we get as big a turn out as possible ? This Forum is obviously the biggest single way of doing it, but what else can we do for the club ?

I was lucky enough to be in Belgium last September for the World Record attempt where over 400 bikes turned up from all over the place. How good would it be to get that sort of attendance ! :)

Dear Presidents ,
Have we contacted local Ducati Dealerships ?
Have we sent a PM to new members of the club over the last year, is that even possible ?

How can we help you if you have suggestions ? Shall we accost random Monster riders in the street for the club ? :woot:

Sincerely,

Arbeia
21-04-2009, 11:58 AM
press gangs are always a last resort;)

Shandy
21-04-2009, 12:02 PM
How can we help you if you have suggestions ?

Make it sunny!!!

fatbloke
21-04-2009, 12:15 PM
The site has the ability to email all members so I think thats a good place to start,
Ped over to you.

J.P
21-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Obviously a bit of a squeeze if 1,000 members turn up, but this is a club to be proud of and the more we can get members together the better I think.

Pomp1
21-04-2009, 12:59 PM
free drinks for every owner?

CK & AK
21-04-2009, 01:34 PM
JP - get the Ace to cancel their Italian day for that weekend too, will then make some ride a bit further to Stratford instead..........

J.P
21-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Well, apart from kidnap and scuppering other events, what else.
Come on people.

fatbloke
21-04-2009, 02:09 PM
JP - get the Ace to cancel their Italian day for that weekend too, will then make some ride a bit further to Stratford instead..........
i have to admit thats a real posser as I may go to that

J.P
21-04-2009, 02:24 PM
You can do both on that Turbo Fatbloke. Take you no time at all to get from one to the other...

jerry
21-04-2009, 07:31 PM
where and what day is this EVENT might help telling some of us ''THICKOS'' so we can try and get there

J.P
21-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Sunday 3rd of May at Arrow Mill, Alcester, Warwickshire.
if I remember it's leaving the Arrow Mill about 10.30 am.

gary tompkins
21-04-2009, 09:07 PM
where and what day is this EVENT might help telling some of us ''THICKOS'' so we can try and get there

Jerry,

There's been crap loads of info/threads posted relating to Arrow Mill 2009, some of which have now been in circulation since November 2008. These include several stickies, booking details, room allocations, weekend agenda etc.. etc.. As usual the site search facility is your friend, assuming of course that people can be arsed to use it? :rolleyes:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=32606&highlight=Arrow+mill

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=32521&highlight=Arrow+mill

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=32256

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=31976&highlight=Arrow+mill

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=30934&highlight=Arrow+mill

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=30933

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=30867&highlight=Arrow+mill

mazydog
21-04-2009, 09:07 PM
the companies who advertise on the site must have a data base could we ask them to email their customer base.

how about contacting a few radio stations, Rock Radio in Manchester has a biker fraternity (Steve Berry has a morning show) i will give them a bell and email to see if we can get a message out, their must be others.

Has any one contacted MCN

put something on EBay

call in at Ducati dealers see if they will put a flyer up

Pedro
21-04-2009, 09:08 PM
I'll send an email out when I get two minutes in the next day or so

Stafford
21-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Any flyers to hand out to Monster owners at this weekends Bristol Do?
Might catch a few there, I'll print em at work.
Also make sure it's sunny, that'll work.

J.P
22-04-2009, 07:56 AM
That's the idea people, good ideas

JMo
22-04-2009, 08:14 AM
the companies who advertise on the site must have a data base could we ask them to email their customer base.

how about contacting a few radio stations, Rock Radio in Manchester has a biker fraternity (Steve Berry has a morning show) i will give them a bell and email to see if we can get a message out, their must be others.

Has any one contacted MCN

put something on EBay

call in at Ducati dealers see if they will put a flyer up

Without wanting to sound like the voice of doom, I think the problem with advertising this event 'publicly' is that it has the potential to attract the wrong type of attention (oooooh, lots of lovely Ducatis all in one place over a weekend) and/or the attention of plod...

While a bunch of friends meeting up and riding out their bikes is not in itself illegal (not yet, anyway x) - it's about perception, and plod might not take too kindly to such a large group of bikes all riding together - isn't there already some vindictive and discriminatory legislation to stop mass gatherings (ie. more than 5!!!) of people, just in case it all gets a bit political... etc. - and if they are aware of it before hand, they might have nothing better to do on a sunday than give an 'easy target' a hard time?

I agree contacting the UKMOC database and dealer network is a good idea, but remember this is simply a social, it's not a world record attempt...

xxx

Stafford
22-04-2009, 08:28 AM
- isn't there already some vindictive and discriminatory legislation to stop mass gatherings (ie. more than 5!!!) of people, just in case it all gets a bit political... etc. -

Oh well, thats the Bristol Italian day buggered then :mand:

JMo
22-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Oh well, thats the Bristol Italian day buggered then :mand:

Hee hee - not necessarily - I'm sure the organisers of that event have jumped through all sorts of legislative hoops, got permits etc. etc. etc. and fundamentally, it is not a 'ride out' is it?

xxx

giler
22-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Hee hee - not necessarily - I'm sure the organisers of that event have jumped through all sorts of legislative hoops, got permits etc. etc. etc. and fundamentally, it is not a 'ride out' is it?

xxx

No, it is a "ride in":chuckle:

Mand
22-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Sunday 3rd of May at Arrow Mill, Alcester, Leicester.
if I remember it's leaving the Arrow Mill about 10.30 am.

Not wishing to be pedantic, but it's Warwickshire. :thumbsup:

slob
22-04-2009, 11:51 AM
I've edited that too (did the first error 6 mins after J.P posted it)

jerry
22-04-2009, 12:44 PM
AHHHHH Ha its part of the arrowmill weekender .....see I said i was a THICKO

J.P
22-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Not wishing to be pedantic, but it's Warwickshire. :thumbsup:

Look, it's North of Watford. That's like the other side of the moon :)

Mand
22-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Look, it's North of Watford. That's like the other side of the moon :)

Where I'll going soon - that'll be the other side of the Universe! :chuckle:

JerryXt
22-04-2009, 04:24 PM
norf

J.P
22-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Sorry, spelt that wrong Jerry, you're right. It's because I live in Sowf London

Nickj
22-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Close JMo but if you read the stuff that applies it's actually one or more can constitute an illegal gathering. Umm Yes you can gather on your own!!! LOL
And JP north of watford isn't LIKE it is the other side of the moon, I was there a few weekends ago so have personal and fresh experience to call on hehehehehe

dman996s
22-04-2009, 07:33 PM
me and my 2 mates will be coming down from cheshire but were staying at the travel lodge just down the road

mholc123
22-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Can I just turn up for the Sunday Ride out as I can't stay over the weekend - Got to work !

J.P
22-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Of course you can turn up on the Sunday.

J.P
22-04-2009, 10:19 PM
me and my 2 mates will be coming down from cheshire but were staying at the travel lodge just down the road

Well good on you for joining us.

Stafford
23-04-2009, 06:58 AM
Pedro are you bringing some UKMOC cards this Saturday?

Mand
23-04-2009, 07:57 AM

Cheshire, nice part of the world. :biggrin:

Anyway, can I also refer you to this thread should you want any food at the Arrow Mill,

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=32256

I need to know sooooooooooooooooooon!

jerry
23-04-2009, 11:56 AM
I dont think I can make it as I have to take my wife and daughter to Heathrow ......gggrrrrrr!

Pedro
23-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Pedro are you bringing some UKMOC cards this Saturday?

Bringing them where?