PDA

View Full Version : chain lubricating gizmo

S4Rs-Tone
20-04-2009, 12:42 PM
I received this from off road bike store , what do people think ? i would have posted the full ad but couldnt do it. I need something as i make a complete mess of myself when oiling the chain , and i think a scotoiler is more agro than its worth.

Amazing Offer - Ketten Max + FREE Chain Lube and Chain Clean Details

This kit is all you to care for and maintain your chain. The lubricant is applied extremely sparingly and precisely to the inside of the chain where it's needed most and is brushed in. Throw off is drastically reduced to a minimum, In a matter of minutes both the chain and pinion are cleaned and lubricated. Cleaning agents are sprayed onto the chain exactly where required with no contamination fo your tyres, rims, frame or your driveway.
Ketten Max / Brushes: Please Select...Ketten Max (902122) (+£15.00) Spare Brushes (557690)

List Price: £50.97

Price: £24.99

barbican
20-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Go for it - it might brush the rust off the chain on that old nail of yours!!

bigredduke
20-04-2009, 04:16 PM
My solution is much more high tec! Cut a length of plastic mini guttering (for sheds & summerhouses etc) lodge it at the engine sprocket end & place a suitable receptacle on the floor at the other end. It protect the bike & floor from overspray & the excess drips into the container to be use again at a later date. Easy & it really works well.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e171/bigredduke/P4200130.jpg

S4Rs-Tone
20-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Go for it - it might brush the rust off the chain on that old nail of yours!!

I've just noticed the amount of posts you've got , GET A JOB OR LIFE :)

S4Rs-Tone
21-04-2009, 08:51 AM
My solution is much more high tec! Cut a length of plastic mini guttering (for sheds & summerhouses etc) lodge it at the engine sprocket end & place a suitable receptacle on the floor at the other end. It protect the bike & floor from overspray & the excess drips into the container to be use again at a later date. Easy & it really works well.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e171/bigredduke/P4200130.jpg

anyone got any other chain oiling ideas i really do make to much mess .

moony
21-04-2009, 09:15 AM

Funkatronic
21-04-2009, 12:41 PM
I have a ketten max chain cleaner and quite like it, and for £25 its a good deal

you will need a paddock stand that allows you to fully rotate the wheel easily

Bad points, its a little fiddly to setup and position but does a great job of cleaning and does a fairly good job of keeping the muck level down

i did not use it to re lube the chain although dont see why this wouldnt work they way they say as long as you clean all the degreaser out of the cleaner and chain first first