PDA

View Full Version : Fitting soft panniers

DavidEJM
19-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Thinking about a little jaunt with a mate in a few weeks and it will be the first use of my new soft panniers (Tech7).

Just wondered if anyone has some tips and suggestions as to the best way to fit soft panniers as I don't want them falling off or dropping round into the rear wheel. I think the fitting system is similar (if not identical) to the Oxford kit with a clip in centre belt and two velcro belts joing the two panniers at the front and rear. There are then four bungees for added security.

Mand
23-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Thinking about a little jaunt with a mate in a few weeks and it will be the first use of my new soft panniers (Tech7).

Just wondered if anyone has some tips and suggestions as to the best way to fit soft panniers as I don't want them falling off or dropping round into the rear wheel. I think the fitting system is similar (if not identical) to the Oxford kit with a clip in centre belt and two velcro belts joing the two panniers at the front and rear. There are then four bungees for added security.

We've just bought some soft Panniers and what I can gather they were a bit of a mare to fit but once they were sorted, they are easy to use. They are the throwover ones from Givi. Dave's put them on his R1. I'll ask him later and report back if you like?

Humbucker
23-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Dave, i got some soft panniers last year for a trip down to stelvio. Had a bit of practice putting them on and off before going and in the end it does become easy. To be honest for short trips where you wont be taking toooo much stuff i prefer them to hard luggage as i dont like having additional brackets on the frame work of the bike. I normally have two velcro straps under the seat and one over the top. The straps pull through the foot peg brackets and i even strap a small rucksack down with the bungees. 5 mins to fit tops. I was constanly worrying first of all about them falling off or of the straps coming loose and wrapping themselves round the wheel, but they really were solid.

enjoy the trip wherever it may be

DavidEJM
23-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Cheer all. If I do go I will report back.