PDA

View Full Version : Ventureshield

Snips
12-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good online vendor for Ventureshield (the protective film kits that prevent stone chips & scratches).

There seem to be a few out there, seems like just about anyone can sign up to flog it ;)

Recommendations appreciated.

barbican
13-04-2009, 06:30 AM
I used sales@invisiblepatterns.co.uk - Got the kit without problem, fit is fine, but I guess they all use the same templates, so doubt that there's much difference.

Good stuff IMO

Nonnie
13-04-2009, 08:25 AM
I'll update this later Cupcake, once I've had a look through some paperwork to find out. The guy came out to us and prepared the bikes and you'd never know it was on there.

You having the bike done? IOr the car?

Snips
13-04-2009, 09:05 AM
You having the bike done? Or the car?

Thanks Nonnie, though I'll probably go with the less expensive option of fitting it myself.

btw, it'll be for my /cough! new bike.

yellowfever
13-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Nonnie, I'd be interested in who you used to get it fitted if you can remember/find reciept - how much does it cost? Plus does anyone know if this stuff the same as the stuff I've seen advertised as 'rhino protect'? Saw some at a bike show couple of years back and looked impressive - virtually invisible on the bike and pretty tough....

Sort of been on the list as something to think about getting for ages, but never got round to it/properly looked into it....

Nonnie
13-04-2009, 10:18 AM
OK but I just have to go hunt Easter eggs. Then I'll find the stuff and I want to hear all about this new bike Cupcake. New bike?!

singletrack
13-04-2009, 10:57 AM
I used invisible patterns too and fitted it myself. Fairly straighforward and almost invisible when it is done.

Snips
13-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the info, all.

Invisible Patterns are asking £90 for the kit I need, so I'm going to try Bodyguard UK, who are asking £55.

New bike?!

I've stumped up for an 1100S, which I hope to be picking up in a couple of weeks :)

I hope this one will be a 'keeper', so I'm going to slap some VentureShield on it.

Nonnie
13-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Producing and fitting Ventureshield to my bike was £99.99

Done by Signline on 01379 677699

www.signsandprinting.co.uk

I'm assuming it will be much cheaper to fit yourself.

You're very fickle Nigel, aren't you? It seems like only yesterday you stood proudly astride your new steed!

Snips
13-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Producing and fitting Ventureshield to my bike was £99.99

Done by Signline on 01379 677699

www.signsandprinting.co.uk

I'm assuming it will be much cheaper to fit yourself.

Thanks for the info, that's much less than I'd expected.

You're very fickle Nigel, aren't you? It seems like only yesterday you stood proudly astride your new steed!

I guess so :rolleyes:

Problem is, I liked it too much and want a bigger fix :)

Anyway, iirc, it was you that was proudly astride my bike... I was just a bystander ;)

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s21/Nonnie_013/aa088.jpg

Nonnie
13-04-2009, 08:49 PM
I wish....just once.....I would look photogenic...just once.........

That was a lovely day, quiche in the garden and all that.

I really rate the Ventureshield for what it's worth, can't see it and has done its job.

Mmmmmm new bikes...

Snips
14-04-2009, 10:01 PM
That is a great picture, and it was a great day, my first full day with my 696.

barbican
15-04-2009, 07:35 AM
Noted the tank kits are the same price - does the full kit have the same number of pieces?

yellowfever
15-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the info! Sounds well worth it for the money....

Snips
19-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Just to complete this, I ended up ordering a pattern online from www.bodyguarduk.com.

It cost £55 for the full kit, I got a e-mail saying it had been dispatched the first working day after the bank holiday, and it arrived a couple of days later.

It seems these companies have access to all the templates online, and use a cutter to etch the template into rolls of the plastic sheeting, as such it was not a problem to get a template for a relatively new model. Impressive.

All seems to be in order.

Next step will be to apply it... (though I need to get the bike first)

Snips
25-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Okie dokie.

I put this on the bike today, and it was very straightforward. Definitely a two-person job, as you need someone to assist with the pieces, and spray as you peel.

Most pieces went on near perfectly, a bit of attention and fussing required to get a neat job, but nothing unexpected or unreasonable. I actually went on more easily over curves etc than I'd expected.

I ended up with one tiny bubble on the tank side I couldn't shift, but no bubbles or creases apart from that.

I (ably assisted by my wife) did:

Front mud-guard, both sides and front of the top (these are carbon, but it worked equally well).
Upper and lower headlight sections
Both tank sides

There are bits to do the rear cowl, which I will probably do, and the bikini fairing and trellis frame, which I probably won't.

As others have said, it's also effectively invisible now it's on.

Recommended!