PDA

View Full Version : Hi and help please!

AndyR17
10-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Hi all,

I bought a lovely yellow 750 ie just before new year and after eventually passing my test have been riding with few problems. I started a 75 mile ride home and it kept cutting out every 5 - 10 miles. No spluttering just wound down. I pulled over on the hard shoulder turned it off and on and it started back up. It did this four times before i called the AA and each time it was quite slow to start. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Andy

Yorkie
11-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Andy,

Welcome mate, well done in passing your test! (You took your time!)

You may have a little bit of dirty/watery fuel because it has been stood over the winter period.

Drain it and put some fresh in it, she should be fine!

Unless someone else has an idea!

Yorkie.

Arbeia
11-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Hi and,nice to see another fellow monsteristi living close to me. I live in south shields;)
Sry cant help with ya problem as i`m not that mechanicly minded but i`m sure someone will answer your query soon. Do you ever get down to minchellas on the sea front in south shields?

gary tompkins
11-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Check the tank breathers have not got blocked or breather hoses trapped. It can cause a vaccum in the tank leading to petrol starvation. If the tank cap is difficult to open, or you hear air sucking in as you pop the cap after bike conks it's a dead give away.

Other than that it could also be an intermittant electrical fault