PDA

View Full Version : DP Gel / Comfort Seat

Panther
10-04-2009, 11:08 AM
I recently bought a new DP seat from ebay, I was very happy at paying only £70 including shipping :)

So I went for a little ride out the other day with it on, I got to say what a big difference it makes. The ride feels so smooth, like it's got new rear suspension.:thumbsup:

Just a little question, I normally sit quite forward on the seat with my legs hugging the tank. Do people do the same on the DP seat or sit back and use the backrest bit? I guess what ever feels most comfortable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also had to do the quick mod of putting a a pair washers under the latch to make it fit.

http://www.monsterparts.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/IMG_3606-2.jpg

Dave G
10-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Just sit wherever is comfy.

Keep an eye on the latch fitting at the back of these seats,sometimes they dont click home properly, an easy fix, take off the latch mechanism and put a couple of washers to raise it up slightly.:thumbsup:

Just noticed you beat me to the washer fix. :D

Gadget
10-04-2009, 11:26 AM
I sit as far back as I can. It stops my credentials getting harmed if I brake hard or hit a pothole. The seat is more comfortable than the standard and took a while to get used to. I also find it grips my seat a lot more preventing me from sliding about.

AndyP
10-04-2009, 11:44 AM
I usually sit back a bit but what ever suits really.
The best thing I ever bought for my Monster, can ride all day now without chronic @rse ache.

Panther
10-04-2009, 12:09 PM
After a ride from London to home (100 miles) last week using the old seat. I was pretty keen to get off the bike because my ar$e was so numb

OWWW this is my 100th post :):ukm::)

s4me
10-04-2009, 06:09 PM
must be the one i was thinking of bidding on,looks really confy bud
steve

Mand
11-04-2009, 11:58 AM
ooo gel seats, good purchase. The best one I've made for my bike. :thumbsup:

supertjeduc
11-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Keep your bike out of the sun when you are not sitting on it
You will know what i mean if you don't listen to my wise advise:spin: