PDA

View Full Version : Audible indicator warning thingy

bigredduke
06-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Due to my age and concentrating on the road ahead, (that's my excuse anyway) I occasionally forget to cancel my indicators. Would a supplementary buzzer thingy help or would I not hear it over the clutch, exhausts & through earplugs?:idea: Incidentally, my 1977 RD400 had self-cancelling indicators which worked quite well.

mazydog
06-04-2009, 08:44 PM
i was thinking about a fix for this, i thought that a system which went off automatically after say 30 seconds, the other would be a blue tooth fix to a helmet speaker.

NattyBoy
06-04-2009, 08:46 PM
one of the dsc boys set this outfit up

http://www.audicator.com/

rockjock620
06-04-2009, 09:12 PM
use arm signals - you won't forget to cancel them!

gremlin
06-04-2009, 09:34 PM
i make my own with a small buzzer from maplin and a couple of diodes and a bit of heat shrink. total cost about 2 quid :D:D after about six months of it really p1ssing me off i took it off, but i was well trained in indicator cancelling by then :D

mazydog
06-04-2009, 09:54 PM
not sure how the audible indicator would play legally, I think they stopped the reversing audible sound from bin wagons because blind or partially sighted people were walking out into the road when they hear it if they were standing at a crossing.

Gilps
07-04-2009, 06:57 AM
one of the dsc boys set this outfit up

http://www.audicator.com/

I've seen this product in operation and it's very good.

slob
07-04-2009, 08:23 AM
If you've reached the age where you're no longer competent to control the machine, stop riding!

bigredduke
07-04-2009, 09:10 AM
If you've reached the age where you're no longer competent to control the machine, stop riding!

No way Rob!
I've seen through your subterfuge to remove all water-cooled Monsters from the road starting with mine. We may be a minority but we will resist all attempts to persecute us.:twak:

buzzbomb
07-04-2009, 09:30 AM

Thank's a bunch Rob, just remember that one day you'll be an old fart and i'm sure that you won't want to give up on riding a motorcycle.

I mostly use hand signals as like alot of other bikers i forget to cancel my indicators but its not just an age thing as i've followed young bikers who have left their winkers on for miles.

And one more thing Rob what have you got against water cooled monsters?

sheepshearer
07-04-2009, 09:56 AM
> the other would be a blue tooth fix to a helmet speaker.

LOL - no engineering overkill there then :)

dam
07-04-2009, 10:17 AM
How about a small electrical charge connected to your nads! That would make you cancel them :spin:

gremlin
07-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Clives one worked really well he was a sod for leaving them on. It really bugged the hell out of him, and me when pillion! He threatened to put it on mine but I'm not sure my electrics are up to it, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! Think following someone with Dams set up could be interesting, signs of an early spring and all that.:chuckle:

ColchesterM600
07-04-2009, 05:08 PM
how about two LED one on each mirror facing you linked to the indicator.
as i can always see my mirrors in my peripheral vision i would be able to see the flashing light.

gremlin
07-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Good idea unless you suffer from migraine or epilepsy!