PDA

View Full Version : Croft to close!

Arbeia
06-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Croft circuit have been fined £150,000 and ordered to pay costs of £700,000, an awful lot of money for a small local club circuit to find.

The reason is stupid, unfair and hard to believe. A family recently moved to a house very close to the circuit, then following what looks like a messy divorce, the remaining family members sued the circuit on the grounds of noise. Yet anyone with an ounce of common sense would have realised that a race track might just possiblty involved engines, and lived further away. What makes it more bizarre as they moved there to work at the circuit, so must have already been aware of what the environment would have been like.

Sadly, English law supports the case of people who move to near an pre-existing source of noise, so the cricuit gets found guilty. Seems to me that the implications of this leaves all UK circuits at risk of larger claims from people living nearby

There is a petition here if you wish to show support for the sport, and Croft in particular
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savecroftcircuit/

The case is reported here
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/new...ve_race_track/
and here
http://www.bikesportnews.com/article...NOISE_LEVELS_1

What alot of people dont realise is that the guy who runs it started fornicating with his secratery and his wife found out. Thus prompting the wife to get the whole show shut down!:grump:

rockjock620
06-04-2009, 02:11 PM
this is now about two months old and has been posted here before.

nambduke
06-04-2009, 02:20 PM
......but I have been told....but haven't been able to confirm it.....but allegedly (for legal reasons), the family who brought the case to court used to be the earlier owners of Croft?? Sounds like someone didn't like the new owners!!

Regards,
Mark

Arbeia
06-04-2009, 02:22 PM
this is now about two months old and has been posted here before.

I undertood that it had to cut back on track days but didnt realise it was gonna close altogether

slob
06-04-2009, 03:56 PM
The problem is that the way the world is now a race circuit won't survive on the income genrated by race meetings/practice days alone, they need the trackdays/race schools to remain viable businesses.

BluprintZ
06-04-2009, 04:14 PM
So by the same token, you could sue the owners of a Nuclear Power station if you became ill from living near one...and get it closed down?!!
Bleedin' ridiculous, the law is an ass, it always has been and probably always will be.
So they are prepared to get it closed and take away the pleasure of thousands of people, just to satisfy a personal vendetta?
Lord give me strength, it's about time this whole PC era we now live in moved on, it's had it's time, it's become a joke.
I'm sure that in years to come, we'll look back in disbelief at some of the things that were allowed to happen, what a mad world!!

G.:worried:.

hhmunro
06-04-2009, 05:07 PM
I lived on a narrow boat for a while and a nasty Barratt type estate was built on the canalside and forced a boat builder who had existed since the canal's creation to close reason,noise, two hundred years of history gone, I am not sure I have the words...

gremlin
06-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Think it was ex wife and parents who are responsible. The original ruling was that they could have 40 events a year but obviously it probably wouldn't be enough to survive. So more people out of work thanks to a vindictive b with an itch. What's the betting they buy the circuit for developement? It does make you spit, so many times people move in to an area and get established events closed. Perhaps we ought to start a petition for a law change to protect businesses and events from this happening.

banditloon
06-04-2009, 06:24 PM
It's like moving to Sipson, then complaining about a small airport next door.... W**kers!!!