PDA

View Full Version : Nemesis ECU on S4R

palooka
05-04-2009, 03:40 AM
Has anyone used a Nemesis ECU on one of the earlier (03-04) S4R?

I'd be keen to hear of your experiences on the fit (looks tight getting it under the tank), map availability (currently seems a bit limited) and what differences you noticed over the standard ECU in terms of throttle response particularly partial and steady throttle stability.

What I'm really trying to solve is the popping and f%rting on a constant partial throttle. I have afull Arrow system, open airbox, K&N filter and PCIII that has been mapped for correct fuelling.

Cheers
Palooka

JerryXt
07-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Have a chat to Sean at Ducati Race Support. He's got access to a different aftermarket ecu - the Enigma - which is supposed to be better than the nemisis and way better than a pc3.

He's working with guys in Italy and Holland to market the box and from what he's told me, it's proper. Maps can be supplied to boost midrange or top-end and they can be tweaked on the dyno.

www.ducatiracesupport.com

palooka
11-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

It's a bit tricky as I'm in Brisbane Australia (don't know what happened to wipe out my profile??) and I have a strong preference for someone to support locally. Nemesis have an Australian distributor but he doesn't have direct experience with an S4R with open pipes. I want a base ignition map to start with as my local dyno guy has never used one of these ECUs before.

I'm told that an S4 ECU has the right ignition curve and coupled with my PCIII the fuelling should be easy to get right, but Ducati sell new ones for AU$1800 (!!!) and I can get a Nemesis for that.

I'll pop a post in Classifieds and see if anyone has one.

Any other ECU options where the ignition map can be changed , I'd be keen to hear.

Cheers
Palooka