PDA

View Full Version : Rizoma Triple Tree / Clip-ons

Rancid Badger
04-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Has anyone had any experience with these?

Was thinking of fiting a set to my S4RS, do they actually lower the bar height by very much?

littlejimmy12
15-04-2009, 06:32 PM
just finished fitting to my S2R and no there's not a huge amount of difference, prob about an inch drop, they are adjustible with respect to having them swept back or not. They do look the nuts though and once you;ve dropped the clocks and light it looks very nice. If I were to order again I'd go for something that clips on below the triple tree so they are really dropped, the Riz'z although dont have risers do sit on black mounting brackets that raise them off the tree by a couple of inches, looks swise though haven't seen better

Rancid Badger
17-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Cheers Jimmy, don't suppose you have any photo's yet?

simons
17-04-2009, 04:56 PM
I've seen these on jimmy's bike and they look the dog's, the quality is exceptional. Unlike clip ons i've fitted, the bars dont rotate in their sockets so you have to get the position of the locating holes for levers, throttle etc spot on as there is no adjustment later on (unless you drill more holes)
Got pics of the new rearsets jimmy?

littlejimmy12
17-04-2009, 05:22 PM
here's the clip ons, I'll do better pics when its stopped pissing down!

Rancid Badger
18-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Thanks Jimmy, they do look very nice. Were they easy(ish) to fit?

I've ordered a set from MooreSpeed together with the Riz Fluid Tanks, Grips, Bar Ends & some Pazzo Levers - I think there may be some swearing going on when I try to fit them all! :on:

littlejimmy12
18-04-2009, 10:36 AM
I would PM simons fo advice on how to fit the levers, he was the mechanic I was the T boy!! mine took longer than usual as we lowered clocks and lights which involved a little ingenuity.

Expect problems with the length of the clip ons, its a very very snug fit to get everything back on the bars.

You'll need to pre drill holes on the bars to take the locating screw/bolt from your throttle and clutch side. One thing we did the whole way was constantly put things on without drilling or tightening to see how it looked and fitted, never comitted to any changes before we were 100% sure it was good to go.

But I would PM Simons as this is the second time he's done the change and it was my first. Whilst your there why dont you lower clocks and lights its a better line though the bike with the lowered clip ons, other wise the clocks kinda stick up too much. Its not a difficult mod to do. We have pictures of the whole caper that I will be putting up at some point over the wkend

Rancid Badger
18-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Oh sh1t! lol

The bike's nearly due for a service anyway, so maybe I'll just choke down the cost & get SeaStar to fit them at the same time the ashtray's emptied then!