PDA

View Full Version : Red Route Jeans

Panther
04-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Any one ride wearing Red Route Jeans??? what do you think of the quality, comfort, protection?

http://www.redroutelondon.com/

Thanks Martin

LVC
04-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Yep, I have a pair of the street jeans - happy to recommend. Comfy, stylish, with protection in the right places. Never had to test the protection (not yet anyway) so can't tell if they/I survive or not. Found them good value for money compared to others.

Panther
04-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks for that LVC, I think they look better than other Kevlar Jeans and seem well prices too.

Are the street jeans with out the extra knee armour?

Scootaboy
04-04-2009, 12:14 PM
was gonna go down that route but then ended up buying these to go under my normal jeans - http://www.bargainboards.co.uk/P/Forcefield-ACTION-PRO-SPORT-Impact-shorts(3896).aspx

they fit well and have more protection than the textile trousers I was wearing (apart from knew protection - you can buy that seperately)

at high speed you want leathers or very good textiles of course, but personally I've never had jeans rip significantly all the times I come off including at 40mph (blow out on old vespa) and hitting a uninsured muppet that pulled out without looking at the same speed.

For commuting I prefer them now as its getting too warm to wear overtrousers in my opinion

LVC
04-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks for that LVC, I think they look better than other Kevlar Jeans and seem well prices too.

Are the street jeans with out the extra knee armour?

Took the jeans out of the cupboard and had a good look. I think they're the Rider jeans not the street (my bad :freak:), outside knee pockets with removal armour, kevlar on the inside sides and back side and zips at the ankles.

The models may have changed since I bought them last year but either way very happy with the result, nice and light to wear, plenty of feel but still offering protection.....

reminds me of a Durex advert :twak: