PDA

View Full Version : S4R engine keeps cutting out

geeman
03-04-2009, 09:03 PM
My S4R keeps cutting out whilst Im riding. Ive had the following fitted last year:
De-cat pipe
Cored cans
Power commander (not set up on my bike but came with a map on another S4R with same set up as me)
Ran the bike for last six months with no problems

Just recently whilst riding at various speeds the engine will just cut out, cant fathom out why? Wondered whether I should have the power commander re-dynoed.

Also having trouble starting, went out for couple of hours last sat and it didnt cut out, but pulled into petrol station to fill up and it wouldnt start, did eventually get it going but now this happens intermitently when I try to start the bike. The times it doesnt start and the engine is trying to turn the speedo shoots upto 150MPH???

Help!!!

vtaggart
03-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Hi

I had a 996 with a similar fault, I changed the fuel pump relay appox £6.00 and never had the problem again.

Worth a try good luck.

Vince

geeman
04-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Well, I disconnected the power commander and the problems are gone (apart from being very lumpy at low speeds with having the modded exhaust).

Should the power commander light up when the ignition is on or engine running?

Capo
04-04-2009, 06:46 PM
My power commander just flat out quit, Bike would not start after winter lay up.