PDA

View Full Version : Feed Me

ladybird
03-04-2009, 09:47 AM
We've moved office to City Road, can anyone recommend anywhere cheap and cheerful for lunches (or even a bacon and egg sarnie that doesn't cost £4+ )
Thanks

Mand
03-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Bacon roll costing £4? Good lord!
Why don't you take a packed lunch?
:)

ladybird
03-04-2009, 10:10 AM
I am ordering a fridge for the office right now, I was hungry and paid the price, it's almost cheaper to start smoking again and live on coffee than eat round here. At least I don't have to pay for parking anymore.

Mand
03-04-2009, 10:27 AM
I am ordering a fridge for the office right now, I was hungry and paid the price, it's almost cheaper to start smoking again and live on coffee than eat round here. At least I don't have to pay for parking anymore.

Yeah that's the spirit and I've been guilty of paying over the odds for food too when I've been proper rungry (that's really hungry by the way) - I would love to order the bap though, watch them cook it and then stick up two fingers up to them and walk away robbing b*stards! Paying for parking too, I assume you mean "bike" parking?

I feel for you London types and I mean that most sincerely. :)

squiffything
03-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Yeah that's the spirit and I've been guilty of paying over the odds for food too ....... :)

You'll do and pay anything for cake you will :D

Did anyone watch The Apprentice this week when they did lunch food for the City offices Do these people really think they can get away with the charges they make. Are office workers in the City really that stupid to pay that kind of money.

Oh and how the hell did that lot get on the short list.

ladybird
03-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Most office workers in The City probably earn more a minute than I want to spend on lunch, so it probably doesn't matter to them.

slob
03-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Bacon roll costing £4? Good lord!
Why don't you take a packed lunch?
:)

or move to 1985

ladybird
03-04-2009, 11:47 AM
or move to 1985

My hair already has.

Mand
03-04-2009, 12:47 PM
I just can't believe people are charging £4 for a bacon cob! It's criminal and just plain taking the p!ss!

Back in 1985.... I think I used to pay 50p for a Cheese and Pickle cob! :chuckle:

slob
03-04-2009, 02:20 PM
yeah yeah, we expect to pay a little more in the great metrollops but I agree that's taking the ****.
Bacon Sarnie in WC1 where I work is about £2. There must be a few proper old greasy spoons that don't cost the earth between Artillery Fields and Broadgate.

ladybird
03-04-2009, 02:56 PM
I will go out investigating at some point, when I can get away from the window and the view of men playing rugby all afternoon :D

Apparently there is one called The Shepherdess on the corner of Shepherdess Walk and City Road (a whole 200 doors up though ...)

http://russelldavies.typepad.com/eggbaconchipsandbeans/2004/02/the_shepherdess.html

the internet is useful :)

J.P
03-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Forget bacon roll's for £4,

I had a Gin & Tonic at the Connaught Hotel in London last week for £17.50, inclusive of 15% service charge. It did come with free crisps though, so I ate two bowls. :)

Rogerg
03-04-2009, 03:36 PM
I will go out investigating at some point, when I can get away from the window and the view of men playing rugby all afternoon :D

Apparently there is one called The Shepherdess on the corner of Shepherdess Walk and City Road (a whole 200 doors up though ...)

http://russelldavies.typepad.com/eggbaconchipsandbeans/2004/02/the_shepherdess.html

the internet is useful :)

Thats a good one that - been in there many a time - propper greasy spoon.

Don't remember it being that expensive.

ladybird
03-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Forget bacon roll's for £4,

I had a Gin & Tonic at the Connaught Hotel in London last week for £17.50, inclusive of 15% service charge. It did come with free crisps though, so I ate two bowls. :)

Flippin' 'eck, was that trickled down the thighs of virgins or something?
It's less than £3 for a can of GT from M&S, smuggle it in and top up the glass

hhmunro
03-04-2009, 03:44 PM
How long do you get for lunch?
I get a four course meal and a litre of wine for eight and a half euros (which thanks to the one-eyed Scottish liar is about 300 pounds sterling now) mind you you need to get to Northern Spain for it...
Oh,and a bottle of Gin for under three Euros...
And just wait 'til I tell you about the roads here...

Albie
03-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Is there an M & S nearby . A prawn sandwich bottle of sparkling lime water and a bag of crisps for £2.00. Now thats a bargain if ever I saw one.

Diego
04-04-2009, 12:37 AM
really depends on where you are on city road...it stretches quite a bit...heard they do a mean fish and chips in the master gunner pub (near finsbury square) though...

skank
05-04-2009, 09:25 AM
really depends on where you are on city road...it stretches quite a bit...heard they do a mean fish and chips in the master gunner pub (near finsbury square) though...

a little further up from the Gunner at the Old St roundabout is a Deli called Cornerstones, good food, big portions and cheap.

ladybird
07-04-2009, 03:18 PM
a little further up from the Gunner at the Old St roundabout is a Deli called Cornerstones, good food, big portions and cheap.

I have been out for wanderings today for lunch, Cornerstones looked shut so I continued walking (albeit slightly in the wrong direction) on up to The Shepherdess and had a breakfast for my late lunch.

That (see pic, and there was 3 or 4 thick slices of bacon under that) and a nice mug of tea £5.80 but it was sit down and very yummy.

Mand
07-04-2009, 03:21 PM
I have been out for wanderings today for lunch, Cornerstones looked shut so I continued walking (albeit slightly in the wrong direction) on up to The Shepherdess and had a breakfast for my late lunch.

That (see pic, and there was 3 or 4 thick slices of bacon under that) and a nice mug of tea £5.80 but it was sit down and very yummy.

Aww that looks nice! Really nice! :)

singletrack
07-04-2009, 03:49 PM
That's what i like to see. A nice healthy meal :)

Mand
07-04-2009, 03:50 PM
That's what i like to see. A nice healthy meal :)

I would have to cycle 50 miles a day to burn that baby off! :)