PDA

View Full Version : First service done :thumbsup:

walpole68
03-04-2009, 07:44 AM
Took my bike into snells yesterday for its first service,had to go the really long way to make sure my service light came on,so service complete,nice new oil in,termis fitted and im all set for the 75 mile trip home and able to explore new sounds and rev limits.Bike feels much better with new oil in,all seems smoother and gear change slicker.The termis look and sound great,the 1100 is much quieter than the 696 with termis,a deeper more mellow sound,and a deep grrr sound on the over run,very happy to run this one with no db killers in where as i ran my 696 with moddified db killers.Ordered my clutch pressure plate and cover so next step will be more noise and one only a Ducati with a dry clutch can make.Hope Easter weekend is good so i can get out for a good run and enjoy the full rev range of my new bike...Happy Days

walpole68
03-04-2009, 06:14 PM
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr36/walpole68/Monster/DSC00488.jpghttp://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr36/walpole68/Monster/DSC00487.jpg

Before you say it..."this post is useless with pictures"...i know i know.

chris yeatman
03-04-2009, 07:15 PM
took the words rite out of r mouths. lol, btw, bike looks cool. :mand:

Redkite
03-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Bike looks fantastic :thumbsup:

Mines got 250 km on the clock, mainly because the rain's just been falling down ever since I got it 2 weeks ago. But nice and warm now took it out today and noticed the vertical cylinder is giving off a high pitched metallic noise, so I'm off to the dealers tomorrow to get it looked at hope it's nothing expensive.....

walpole68
03-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Bike looks fantastic :thumbsup:
took it out today and noticed the vertical cylinder is giving off a high pitched metallic noise, so I'm off to the dealers tomorrow to get it looked at hope it's nothing expensive.....

Really,can you hear when bike still or just when riding ? Still your doing then right thing,no harm geting it checked,let me know how you get on.

Redkite
03-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Can hear it when still and when on the move.....
The horizontal cylinder is quiet.

walpole68
03-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Can hear it when still and when on the move.....
The horizontal cylinder is quiet.

Ducatis make lots of strange noises,ive stopped listening as it always sounds like some thing about to fall off :chuckle:

Made some more experienced Ducati owners may chip in.

Redkite
03-04-2009, 08:04 PM
I hope so it's very noticeable! I'll let you know what happens.
It's not a noise my S2R1000 ever made.