PDA

View Full Version : Tax disc holder....

Smicker
01-04-2009, 10:41 PM
...apologies in advance - here's a silly question but it's one I need to ask.....I have a carbon fibre tax disc holder & I have walked around my S2R more than once to check out where it could be fitted to the bike....

Can anyone suggest a good place to attach it that's simple to do & is safe?

Thanks.

Pomp1
01-04-2009, 10:49 PM
caliper bolt?older monster used to have the speedo cable retainer on the top one on LHS, so it must be safe if are a bit spaced (mind you,they can't be torqued with carbon, it'll shatter) I know they look bad and spoil the bike, I have one of those £1 sticky things on the rear hugger and it doesn't look too bad, I've seen some people putting the same on the forks between yokes but if you have a bikini fairing I suppose you could stick it on the inside.they say it must be displayed, not where..

Arbeia
01-04-2009, 10:49 PM
yes m8 i used to put mine on my headlamp swivel pin when i had a s2r
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p258/arbeia/Bikes/DSC00138.jpg

JMo
02-04-2009, 02:43 AM
I've mounted mine up under the frame next to the horn (above where your oil cooler would be) - there is a little bolt hole in the bottom of the air-box as I recall (sorry, I'm currently about 8000 miles away from my Monster at the moment) and it's at an angle so you can sort of see it, but it doesn't look obvious...or ugly!

I'm sure you can nerd online somewhere to confirm... but as I recall, it always used to be the case that the tax disc is meant to be displayed forward of the riders foot peg, on the kerb side of the bike...

Don't want to go getting a ticket, or a fine, or sent to prison under this current fascist regime do we now?!

xxx

Kiwi
02-04-2009, 06:09 AM
chuck the holder away and use double sided tape to the bottom of the fork leg

its a bit of officialdom that nobody enjoys paying for and should be treated as such

Space Cadet
02-04-2009, 07:53 AM
...apologies in advance - here's a silly question but it's one I need to ask.....I have a carbon fibre tax disc holder & I have walked around my S2R more than once to check out where it could be fitted to the bike....

Can anyone suggest a good place to attach it that's simple to do & is safe?

Thanks.

This has also driven me mad, I’ve tried a few places and the one that seems to work best (and is a legal place to mount it) is on the left hand side of the headlamp. Just undo the bolt that holds the headlamp to the bracket and put the holder in between the bolt and the bracket.

Yorkie
02-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Mines in my wallet. Theres plenty of room in there!!

Yorkie.

littlejimmy12
02-04-2009, 12:28 PM
mines in my wallet 2, its still an offence. Its been noticed by police when I've been going a little bit too fast and I say that I'm sick of paying £7 to get it replaced when it gets stolen.

Yorkie
02-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Not been questioned so far! I think they are more interested in the cans, number plate and dark visor!

However all they have to do is a registration check! It actually might save some money if they didnt produce them!

Yorkie.

JMo
02-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Not been questioned so far! I think they are more interested in the cans, number plate and dark visor!

However all they have to do is a registration check! It actually might save some money if they didnt produce them!

Yorkie.

Far too sensible an idea there Yorkie! - the government actually trying to save money?!

In the US you renew your registration each year (basically the equivalent of our tax disc, but it means the licence plate numbers can be personal if you want for a small extra fee - therefore there are no $100,000 auctions over here!), and to show you've paid you get a small sticker you attach to a corner of your number plate - neat.

Of course if that happened in the UK the sticker would be huge! and have a tracking chip embedded in it, and and and...

xxx