PDA

View Full Version : advice wanted re track day kit

mediumdave
01-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Hi all,

I really want to do a track day or even better a track school type session with tutoring etc(Ron Haslam et al) but my jacket doesn't zip to my leather strides and my helmet's a roof boxer (so don't expect it to meet required standard). Don't really want to fork out for all new kit so does anyone know of trackday events or schools that you can hire kit from or which includes such 'approved' kit?

I've had a look on-line but no luck so far, any suggestions much appreciated...

PS will the track officials let me keep my stabilisers on?

Thanks

Dave:on:

Gilps
01-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Does your helmet have an ACU gold sticker on? If it does then it should be fine.
Maybe pick up some cheap leathers second hand off ebay. That way if you don't like it you won't have lost much.

fatbloke
01-04-2009, 01:08 PM
If your doing the Ron Haslam school they provide everything includuing Leathers Helmet etc etc

gremlin
01-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Would it be possible to get zips put in your kit? Most trews have zips, that don't necessarily match your jacket but it isn't too expensive to get a zip put in to match. A good leather repairer could put a fillet in if there is a gap. Our local lass charged about £20 to repair my zip so I'm guessing it would be around that figure. The zip also has to go all the way round apparantly. Not sure about the gold stickers, my helmet has one but I don't think it could be approved as it has the click together catch rather than D rings which are the norm for track use. I'd get onto the school, if your helmet is a D ring one it may be ok.