PDA

View Full Version : Oh no...Not again...!

BluprintZ
31-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Hi folks.

I've just taken delivery of four stainless oilway banjo bolts.
I ordered them from: http://www.tastynuts.com/site/frames/frameset_shoponline.htm

I get the impression that they look more like brake line banjo's?
The new ones have a much smaller oilway than the originals, are they likely to starve the top-end of oil?
Also, the new ones have only one hole on the shaft, whereas the original has two, facing each other.

Send`em back?

G. :grump:.

slob
31-03-2009, 10:32 PM
If the threads are correct, I'd probably shorten and drill 'em out personally. Maybe it's just the bodger in me.
Might be worth a phone call/email to pro-bolt to see if they have the exact thing you're after before adapting what you've received.

Pomp1
31-03-2009, 10:36 PM
I was looking for something similar, but I couldn't find them for the same reasons you've just described, for some reason they don't seem to be an "ordinary" items! to be on the safe side I just replaced them with new OEM. I suppose you can always drill a second hole thought

BluprintZ
31-03-2009, 11:30 PM
Nooo!!
What you're supposed to say is "yes, they'll be fine, just get the copper washers and...." !
Yeah, maybe i'll bell Pro-bolt tomorrow and just check if they have the right ones, before i set to with the drill.

Cheers y`all.

G.: )