PDA

View Full Version : M600 wants a M900 front end and new wheels also a belly pan.

ColchesterM600
29-03-2009, 10:38 PM
I want to put twin disks on my 600 and i have yellow wheels and am looking to buy some black ones.
Also a nice (largeish) belly pan i will be painting it so colour does not matter.

give us a comment if you know somewhere cheapish to get them or are selling

cheers

Pedro
29-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Cheaper to have your current wheels powder coated or painted

I have a set of forks for a twin disc set up, they need new seals - they're a bit tired and grubby but I'm open to offers

ColchesterM600
29-03-2009, 11:37 PM
I don't think i need the forks mate.

and yeah i was thinking that , i need a new front wheel though as somebody has bent a bit of it probely from a curb or something once in its life time.

Thanks pedro

slob
30-03-2009, 05:53 AM
http://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/Main.htm
these guys aren't too far from you and will check/straighten cast wheels

Pedro
30-03-2009, 07:48 AM
I don't think i need the forks mate.

and yeah i was thinking that , i need a new front wheel though as somebody has bent a bit of it probely from a curb or something once in its life time.

Thanks pedro

As slob says, worth trying to get it straightened - Monster wheels are pretty soft and can be sorted quite easily provided the damage is not too great - I did one at home that had a dink in the rim, big mallet and a bit of wood to protect the edge and it's good as gold!

Pomp1
30-03-2009, 09:16 AM
also this (http://promopolishing.co.uk/gallery.html) guys are very recommended..

scrapps
30-03-2009, 10:59 AM
As said powder coat the wheels you have,also do you need twin disks or just want them ? I Have a 750ss with single disc i use for trackdays and road the single works fine. maybe up grade to a better disk and pads and keep the weight down by staying as single ? :)

ColchesterM600
30-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Well the breaks do need upgrading, if anything i just think the twin disks make the bike look better.
iv got to go through the number and see how much i am willing to spend on the breaks and then i can choose which option to go for.

Thank you for the links guys and advice getting it fixed sounds a lot cheaper :P already spent to much money on this bike lol

Paranoid Dave
30-03-2009, 06:09 PM
I did the twin disc upgrade on my 600 long ago, the discs, calipers and reservoirs are the obvious bit, dont forget you might want to improve the fork internals. A different oil might help, a mod to the internals or just get forks built for two discs. I only rode once before getting the forks done, it was like riding an angry camel.

Yorkie
30-03-2009, 06:13 PM
I did it without modding the forks, it is now 10 years old on the same oil. Im booking them in for a rebuild and im getting them anodised. (Black)

I had no problems until i changed the engine (900) and fitted some normal rubber. It now handles like a bag of bollox.

So its up to you really, i liked the confidence of the twin disc setup.

Yorkie.

gremlin
30-03-2009, 06:25 PM
some front forks have the bracket for a caliper. the caliper you will need is also fitted to a "Cagiva Mito 125" and a lot more commonly listed on ebay than ducati listed ones.
you could also do with the plate that holds the headlight bracket on as it is made to take twin brake lines, and if you opt for a 3 line brake hose set up, get hold of a yamaha vmax junction as the bolt holes line up with the bolts on the yoke of the monnie.

as for anodising fork tubes drop me a pm with a phone number

http://up.picr.de/1892566.jpg

ColchesterM600
30-03-2009, 06:32 PM
i think mine already has the brackets on it i think thats what my tax disk is bolted on to.
Does anybody think it is worth the money to get it done?

Yorkie
30-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Yep. Although i got a set of cast iron floating discs and 916 calipers for £200. They are still great!

All you need is one disc and a caliper, and hoses to match! Oh and new brake pads!

Yorkie.

Yorkie
30-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Looking at your pics, yours does have the capliper mounting holes!

Yorkie.

gremlin
30-03-2009, 06:37 PM
it looks a hell of a lot better if nothing else :chuckle:
sarah does seem to feel that the brakes make her feel more confident, but we did fit adjustable levers at the same time so it could be that

Blah blah
30-03-2009, 06:51 PM
With one disk, a nice new Goodridge hose, fresh brake fluid, decent pads (can't remember what they are) and I can squeal the front tyre, with the added benefit of less unsprung weight...

Oh, and it must be remembered that keeping the one disk is somewhat cheaper than upgrading to 2 of everything!!