PDA

View Full Version : Earth Hour Sat 28/3 8.30pm - 9.30pm

Paivi
27-03-2009, 09:58 AM
So, who's joining me in the dark?

http://earthhour.wwf.org.uk/

Think of all the fun things you can do in the dark or in candle light...

scrapps
27-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Mmm sounds like a good reason to light the fire and some candles and tell the other half i have planned a romantic eve in :biggrin: and that i care about the planet.

yes i am joining you :thumbsup:

Pedro
27-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Could be iffy if you're in the car though....

STIVH
27-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Me ? I am being an anti social biker and sticking all my lights on just for the hell of it - it's daft U.N. stunts like this that really ppppppppppppeeee me off especially when the local town hall is lit up like a Christmas tree at 6pm on a Sunday afternoon.

gremlin
27-03-2009, 04:42 PM
I think it's a lovely idea, it's a shame those that matter don't take it up more often. I get hacked off with the bleating about climate change then see lights on all over the place. If they turned off the lights in London and around the M25 it would do quite a bit towards cutting consumption, but as usual it's do as I say and not as I do. We're noticing more light pollution here in the sticks and it will get worse when the nearest town triples in size, not to mention the new eco village being built between us and Norwich, I bet that will be lit up all the time.

Nonnie
27-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Me ? I am being an anti social biker and sticking all my lights on just for the hell of it - it's daft U.N. stunts like this that really ppppppppppppeeee me off especially when the local town hall is lit up like a Christmas tree at 6pm on a Sunday afternoon.

I concur!

I will be turning on every single household appliance, lights on inside and out, I'm gonna watch the TV while listening to the radio and the stereo, I'm gonna cook a curry in the oven and the rice in the microwave and I'm going to leave the freezer door open and turn the heating up full blast!

Mwhahahahahaha...

Paivi
27-03-2009, 06:21 PM
I concur!

I will be turning on every single household appliance, lights on inside and out, I'm gonna watch the TV while listening to the radio and the stereo, I'm gonna cook a curry in the oven and the rice in the microwave and I'm going to leave the freezer door open and turn the heating up full blast!

Mwhahahahahaha...

Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.
Indeed....

gary tompkins
27-03-2009, 07:46 PM
I concur!

Mwhahahahahaha...

Oh dear - I can hear the ice caps melting from here

Somewhere a polar bear is getting wet because Nonnie left the oven on :on:

CK & AK
27-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Mmm sounds like a good reason to light the fire and some candles..............

oh yes! :D

Just think of the pollution of the firebrigade coming out - all those lights flashing - as they try & put out your burning items - thus adding more to global warming (in more ways than one ;) )

C, joining Nonnie :fiery:

singletrack
27-03-2009, 09:50 PM
oh yes! :D

Just think of the pollution of the firebrigade coming out - all those lights flashing - as they try & put out your burning items - thus adding more to global warming (in more ways than one ;) )

C, joining Nonnie :fiery:

That's me turning on all the appliances, waiting for hunky firemen to help me to reduce global warming. ( please!)

Arbeia
27-03-2009, 10:07 PM
This kinda sums it up.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c&feature=related
:chuckle:

Nonnie
27-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Indeed....

Whatever! :chuckle:

benson
28-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Can we join in too Non - huh huh - can we can we???