PDA

View Full Version : CHARITY FOOTBALL MATCH - Sunday 29th March

Bodybag
24-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Ladies and Gents,

Although I haven't been involved in the organisation of this event, I'm putting it up here as I believe this to be a worthy cause to come and support.

OK, the short version of the info below is this: Charity Football Match between Leicester City Legends and an Air Ambulance team consisting of club and BSB racers. Match is at Hinckley United's ground on Sunday 29th March and kick off is at 13:30. The information below is all taken from the Facebook event page that has been set up for it. (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=44552698958&ref=mf)

"Basically motorbike racers (who are called the Air Ambulance Racers) v Leicester City Legends.

On our team are club racers and BSB riders. On theirs might be Steve Walsh, Matt Elliot, Gary McAllister, Dean Thomas, Tom Naughton, Muzzy Izzet, Neil Lennon amongst others.
Game is to be played at Hinckley Utd football ground on 29th March @ 13:30 (1:30pm to the lazy ones hehe). Will update in due course. The charity is going to be the Air Ambulance as you don't want to worry if you need it!! There will be raffles on the day so bring plenty of money! This game has only happened because this was my charity of choice, and due to my accident.
Some might say this is sponging but I had the accident outside the Axe And Compass pub and outside the pub where Tom (LCFC Legends manager) was drinking/eating. For those who are wondering why, this is why.

I had:
2x punctured lungs, 2 broken bones in face, broken left arm/wrist/hand, shattered upper right arm, broken left leg and a pin in my hip. I've got 5 pieces of metal in 3 limbs. So far we've raised over £2300 in a trackday held because of me i suppose. We hope to make more.

Honda UK Racing have supplied 2008 team raffle prizes ranging from fleece to t-shirts. Aaron Zanotti and his team mate Alistair Fagan (Red Viper Racing) will play hopefully as well as they've confirmed as maybe's as has Kenny Gilbertson! Bruce Wilson has confirmed he will play so thanks to Sam Middlemass for arranging that. I've had a t-shirt, cap and dvd from Ron Haslam Race School!

Triumph have agreed to supply t-shirts for us to play in as well as agreeing to supply (they hope!) a stand!

To top it off, I've been told 2 Coventry City FA Cup Final players will be playing for them!!

On the Air Ambulance Racers team, Dean Ellison has agreed to play which is great news."

There are several famous names playing so if you can get there, please do.

Thanks.

Phil

grunter
25-03-2009, 06:34 AM
is a mad foxes fan??????