PDA

View Full Version : New 160/60/17 and 120/60/17 tyres for a 620?

Space Cadet
21-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Apologies if this has been discussed before.

I need to have a new front tyre fitted to my 620 and as I'm going to have my wheels power-coated I'm going to treat them to two new tyres (will be able to sell-on the practically new looking rear).

Rather than going for the Diablo's again, for the sake of a few more quid was going to put something a bit tastier on.

The Corsa III's were the best choice, but they don't do a set in my 160/60/17 and 120/60/17 sizes, the SuperCorsa Pros are available but these would be silly on my bike.

My mechanic has suggested Michelin 2CT's, apparently they are similar to the Corsa III's.

I don't have any knowledge of bike tyres so would appreciate as much advice as possible.

Within reason money isn't an issue, up to £250-£300 for a pair is acceptable, I don't do any wet riding, but want them to be ok if I get caught out for a few miles when heading home.

Thanks in advance.

slob
21-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Michelin Pilot Powers (2CT or not) won't dissapoint you.

PhilLew
21-03-2009, 07:22 PM
I might be in the market for a part worn rear (tyre) if you could give me more datails.
Cheers.

Space Cadet
22-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Michelin Pilot Powers (2CT or not) won't dissapoint you.

Thanks, had a read up on them last night, think they'll be spot-on and they look good too.

I might be in the market for a part worn rear (tyre) if you could give me more datails.
Cheers.

Not much to say other than its a Diablo 160/60/17, I think it was fitted new just before I bought the bike in August last year and I've covered probably only 300 miles since there as I only go out for a couple of hours on a Saturday morning - when its warm and dry!!

It looks literally like new to me, the bike is in at the garage Saturday 4th April and the wheels/tyres will be stripped to send to the powder-coaters on the Tuesday 7th so you are welcome to arrange pick up from Tecmoto anytime after then or wait for a couple of weeks (having some other stuff done as well) when I collect the bike and 'old' tyre. You are welcome to have the front for free as well, but there are the odd cracks here and there so it's probably best scrapped.

Thanks.

PhilLew
22-03-2009, 10:22 AM
PM sent re tyre