PDA

View Full Version : Cheshire Area - Apparel?!

LouSCannon
20-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Hoping some locals can point me in the direction of some good apparel stores in and around Cheshire? Struggling to find anywhere that carries a good range of clothing, helmets and general bike accessories?

Could do with a new lid, and need to get the other half kitted up this year too...

aceg3905
20-03-2009, 02:29 PM
J & S Accessories in northwich is decent,

Dainese D-Store store in manchester is worth a look

youve got Hein Gericke in manchester near strangeways (salford way)

bike gear isnt bad in ashton although they stock a lot of RST gear

thouse are my usual haunts

LouSCannon
20-03-2009, 02:37 PM
J&S looks like the sort of place I was looking for, similar to place I used to go when I was back down south, cheers for that, might take a wander down there this weekend...

aceg3905
20-03-2009, 02:41 PM
i got everything but helmet from J&S really helpfull, also the dainese store was great again really helpfull

Captain Caveman
20-03-2009, 06:11 PM
really good to hear J&S still going :)
i was wearing a pair of j&s own label jeans while out today - still in good nick after buying 'em in 96(!)

mazydog
20-03-2009, 11:05 PM
any of you Manchester lads fancy a run out Sunday

LouSCannon
21-03-2009, 12:43 PM
If you'd have asked me yesterday I would have been up for it, but we've just made plans today :(

LouSCannon
22-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Great tip, exactly the place I was looking for AND they have a 20% off ALL stock on at the moment... so left with two new lids, and a bunch of other stuff!

aceg3905
22-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Glad to hear they sorted you out

Still new to riding so im shying away from the group thing until I've grown some more confidence ;) I couldn't trust myself to not try and keep up ;)

mazydog
22-03-2009, 04:39 PM
If your looking for bike gear the BSB at Oulton park has a good selection of stands which are cheaper than the shops, the only problem is getting it home if you give the card a good hiding. Their are a couple of bike shops round Preston way that have a good accessory / clothing range not bad prices to.

Don't worry about trying to keep up i have only been back riding for a short while after a 25 year break , i am defernatley sedate not quite 50 pence corners but not to far off. I always have a look at the back tyre of the lads i am riding with its a good indication of their ability, the smaller the margin of wear to the edge then the quicker they are. I have a good 30mm of virgin tyre on each side

Mand
23-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Went to the Dainese shop in Manchester on Saturday, got some nice stuff in there, it doesn't cheap but the quality is good.

The lady called Lisa is really helpful. :D

LouSCannon
23-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Spent my gear allowance for the year, just waiting for the Ducati Manchester boys to get settled before blowing another load of cash on parts & accessories... some days I wish I bought a bike a cared a lot less about!

aceg3905
23-03-2009, 11:41 PM
When they get round to the new shop i'd be tempted for a ride down there for a brew ;)

mazydog
24-03-2009, 07:16 AM
When the new shop opens in Sale do you know if they are having an opening bash, they had a barbeque and band on last September at Lymm, the new shop is right on the edge of a residential area i can see their being a class action nuisance claim in the near future.

LouSCannon
24-03-2009, 07:23 AM
Once opened we will be having a big party and Carl Fogarty is already one name on the guest list. Please join our E-Newsletter to get your personal invite.

That was the last update from the 18th. Really hoping they open up soon as I want my bits in time for the weekender! :)

muthaducka
24-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Thought I'd add this shop to the collection - http://www.earnshaws.net/

I bought all my gear in one hit from this shop - ouch. These best selection I could find locally.

I'd be up for a spin out if anyone fancies it this weekend (weather permitting). I usually leave it until the day before deciding. This is only my second year of biking so I'm quite comfortable giving it 'the gas' on the straights but more 'easy rider' round the bends.

If anyones up for it, let me know. It's more than likely I'll be meeting up with my mate who has a 125 easy rider so that shouldn't frighten anyone off. Last weekend we went to a pub in denshaw, then over the saddleworth tops to rippon and looped back past the roman road and reservoir to hollingworth lake for a drink, then back towards base.

I'll post up on the Saturday / Sunday morning if I'm out and about.

smudgerii
24-03-2009, 12:03 PM
easter egg run at New Brighton sunday morning 29th

usually a big turn out on the run down to arrowe park hospital