PDA

View Full Version : Skins Cafe Brackley & Halvarssons Clothing...

benson
16-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Dear Reader( I like a posh intro....)

I'm writing because I have found a spelnded little place to go to where the coffee is wonderful and most of all where they sell THE world's most amaing kit - Halvarssons...
The place is Skins Cafe in Brackley - on the A43 and the kit is sublime...

As a few of you might know I'm commuting a ridiculous number of miles at the moment - somewhere in the region of about 800 a week (I know - think of the service costs - well don't actually) which means I have had to go through some interesting weather conditions and tyres this winter....

I went in search of the ultimate winter kit and found it - after a conversation with a guy in Woodford Motorcycles, I learnt about the Swedish manufacturer - who I saw at the NEC - and just how good the kit is. So off I went the other weekend (the weekend of meeting up with the folks at Fox's when we had our pwn personal jet washers or so it seemed) to Skins and bought me a jacket. I wore it all last week through every conceivable weather system you can imagine and throghout I was warm and dry. I went back on Friday for the gloves and yes - you guessed it - warm and dry depiste the glloves being lovely and light and immediately comfortable and pre shaped....

Now I'm off again this week to get the matching pants which are made with the same outlast material and have the same climate control fabric and are again CE approved at every point, as are the boots, etc etc. I do believe I could make a fortune as a saleswoman right now because I think this is the best kit I've ever had in nearly 20 years of riding...

Tony the guy who runs skins is a lovely guy - incredibly helpful and knowledgable and he makes great coffee - he'd happily do us a bar b q and a monster meet up - so I'm just posting this to see if there's anyone interested in joining me for a meet and a ride?

We could make this a monthly meet perhaps IF folks wanted to - wottevvah - but I think it would be a great place to frequent - it's mid country, the coffee is fab and the kit is just as good...So - my suggestion is that we try to plan a meet here in May/June sometime - after the weekender so we can catch up again and maybe find that elusive nirvana of good kit, good coffee and good company.....

I'll post this up across the regions along with suggestions for dates- happy riding,

Benson

benson
16-03-2009, 01:13 PM
http://www.skinscafe.co.uk/

13th June - be there or be downright square!!!

Yes it's quite a long ride but it's a good one and the coffee is worth it - and I'm sure a bar b q can be arranged too!!!

singletrack
16-05-2009, 02:30 PM
I think this has been changed to 27th June