PDA

View Full Version : Bike shows

so19
13-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Hi does anyone know when the next decent Bike show will be? I remember going to one at Malvern about 5 years ago, can't remember when it was though - I want to buy lots of bargains!! I live in gloucestershire so within an 80 mile radius would be ideal. I've searched the web but I can only find classic stuff - do these shows have good clothing stands there?

STIVH
13-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Most of the weekend bike shows I have gone to recently seem to be nothing but clothes shows!!! As for the goods well it's from good value to utter "tat":banghead:

The majority of bling is better purchased online or direct from the store and as always the end of the day or 1st thing is when the bargains are to had.

Further upnorth my way the Auto jumbles are good fun.

Luckily " doun sarf " you have a few really good ( and big ) weekend jumbles fairly regularly so they are well catered for by the stall holders. Classics to Modern day catered for.

Look for rallies as well as a few there have side stalls etc

Plenty of online stuff available for dates etc.

Don't forget the Bristol Italian Auto Moto Festival coming up at the end of April aswell.

Pomp1
14-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Stalls at GP/SBK weekends sometimes are a good source of clothing.

so19
14-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Thanks ............ I'll keep looking out for them

Grumpy
14-03-2009, 07:12 PM
I've found the best place to purchase clothing is at theBMF, held at the east of england show ground in may.
Manufacturers like H/Gerike and F/Thomas have clearance sales, and i'm talking about marquees full of clothing.

so19
14-03-2009, 07:46 PM
thought about going there and now you've said that i may just have to make a big effort

OplayneO
21-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Hi does anyone know when the next decent Bike show will be? I remember going to one at Malvern about 5 years ago, can't remember when it was though - I want to buy lots of bargains!! I live in gloucestershire so within an 80 mile radius would be ideal. I've searched the web but I can only find classic stuff - do these shows have good clothing stands there?

Hi So19, i'm in stroud also, id be up for heading to a show even if its on the off chance it might be any good and any excuse to get out on the bike. PM me if your up for it or find anything.

so19
25-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Hi .............. will do.