PDA

View Full Version : Kapital Moto Racing to contest National Endurance Championship

phillc
13-03-2009, 05:40 AM
I'm a bit new on here, but others may recognise me from other Ducati boards. Still I thought I'd post this little announcement.....

--

Kapital Moto Racing to contest National Endurance Championship

New to the Hottrax Motorsport National Endurance grid in 2009 will be Kapital Moto Racing (www.kapitalmoto.com), who will be competing in the ProSuperbike class for fully World Endurance-specification machines. The series will be held over 7 rounds in 2009, each race being up to 6 hours long and involving frequent pit stops for refuelling, tyres, and rider changes.

The Twickenham-based team intend to contest the series on a 2-valve air-cooled Ducati SuperSport 1000, extensively modified to bring it up to class standards and equipped for the long distances of Endurance bike racing. Competing in a series dominated by modern 4-cylinder Japanese bikes, the Kapital Moto Racing Ducati is certain to be one-of-a-kind in the class and sure to grab plenty of attention.

Formed by ex-Ducati Desmo Due series riders Phill Clarke and Jason Boswell, the team is completed by former MRO Powerbike rider Luke Palmer. All three will be principle riders, supported by an extensive crew in the pit garage and on the pit wall to keep the team competitive for the duration of the 6-hour races.

Phill Clarke, who secured second overall in the Hottrax Junior TAG 600 Endurance series in 2008, commented: “We’re excited to be launching the team to take on the challenge of National Endurance ProSuperbike class. This is the culmination of lots of hard work over the last few months, and moreover our desire to see a Ducati on the grid for this series. While we will be giving up some top-end speed to the other bikes on this class, we will more than make up for that in low-down power. It’s going to be a great contest.”

Dave Mabbutt, Managing Director of Hottrax Motorsport Racing Club (www.hottrax-motorsport.co.uk) welcomed the new team to the ProSuperbike class: “We’ve seen tremendous levels of interest in Endurance racing over the last few years, and Hottrax Motorsport are pleased to welcome the Kapital Moto Racing team to the series. It’s always good to see different machinery on the grid, and we wish the Kapital Moto Racing team all the best for this new season”.

The team are currently completing the preparation of the bike, and finalising sponsors and technical partners, ready for the first round of the season at Mallory Park on 29th March, 2009.

- ENDS -

For more information about Kapital Moto Racing contact:
Jason Boswell 07791693307 or Phill Clarke 07720402357
kapitalmoto@googlemail.com
www.kapitalmoto.com

For more information about the Hottrax National Endurance series contact:
www.hottrax-motorsport.co.uk