PDA

View Full Version : Instrument cluster for a 620

mjaeger
12-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Hi all!

My speedo has died, so I need a new instrument cluster (I have tried changing the pickup on the rear wheel already).

Does anyone have a spare one lying around by any chance....?

Cheers

slob
13-03-2009, 05:37 AM
You should be aware that part of the immobiliser circuit is built into the clocks, they are coded to the keys and ECU, so it may not be possible to use 2nd hand clocks with your existing ECU.
Possibly worth a polite letter to Ducati UK to see if you can get any discount on a new set, which can then be coded to your ECU using your red key.

Gilps
13-03-2009, 06:33 AM
Try these guys
http://www.scorpio-electronics.co.uk/index.htm
They will take your old clocks and transfer the electronic id on to a used set so no need to replace the ECU

mjaeger
13-03-2009, 08:44 AM
You should be aware that part of the immobiliser circuit is built into the clocks, they are coded to the keys and ECU, so it may not be possible to use 2nd hand clocks with your existing ECU.

Presumably if I take the keys and instruments panels to my Ducati dealer they can just replace the panel and do some jiggery pokery and get it all working?

MagnaJeep
15-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Presumably if I take the keys and instruments panels to my Ducati dealer they can just replace the panel and do some jiggery pokery and get it all working?

At best, they will probably offer you a new instrument cluster,
they tend to replace everything that is broken instead of reparing stuff.

I've seen some of those panels (new condition) on the german ebay site selling
for around 250€.
Getting it to work should'nt take any longer than half an hour.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Nickj
15-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Scorpio or the other big car dash people (lost the quote so not sure which it was now) will replace the little drivers that spin the needles for about £60. Which even if Ducati gives you a 'good will' discount is still going to be about £200 cheaper. I think they also refit a better quality component, the originals aren't fully sealed and look like they'd be happier used in a 100% humidity free environment. Given the casings ability to allow water in even from brand new out of the box they should have upped the quality and for the price they actually sting you for them I'd think you have the right to expect that.
The data transfer only works on some of the clock sets, it depends on the chips fitted.
Ducati will offer you around 25% discount. They can't (a) openly admit the clock systems is trash (which it patently is once you start looking round the fora world wide and get a feel for the failure rate) and as it isn't a safety issue they don't need to issue a re-call (and replace with a component that might last for a few years) .... they'd have had to replace rather a lot since they bought them out