PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Handlebars - what is consumed/needs replacing too?

rudders
10-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Looking at replacing the handlebars on my 2000 M600 with a Ducati part. It came up as an advisory on my MOT. Afraid she's been dropped many times and whilst I've replaced numerous levers I've neglected the bars.

Apart from the handlebars what else will need replacing? I'm guessing the bar ends.

As for the process is it relatively simple? If I follow the Haynes and take care (i.e. think) should I get by with minimum of fuss and bother.

Cheers

Bob

uksurfer
10-03-2009, 08:01 PM
hi
i just put renthals on mine, it was relatively easy, i bought them from Moore Speed Racing in Poole, only cost ?26 i think, the internal size of the handlebar is slightly smaller than my OEM ones, not sure why, maybe they're thicker?
Hope that helps
Martin
________
Honda cd250u history (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_CD250U)

MonstaChicky
10-03-2009, 08:54 PM
My other half is replacing mine with drops...he said it's relatively easy to do...will ask him for more details if you like...?

gary tompkins
10-03-2009, 11:05 PM
If you go for bars that are a lot wider than standard the cables,hoses & wiring will be too short and need replacing or extending. The factory only just make them long enough for O.E. width bars. Anything radically dropped or raked will also restrict the already p1ss poor steering lock.

I fitted wider Redline clip-ons to mine (about 1" longer than standard), and only just got away with standard hoses etc..

MagnaJeep
14-03-2009, 07:56 PM
The Magura Bar of the S2r is quite comfy,
but not sure if it fits the 600 as it has 28mm diameter
on the risers, it feels rock solid, much better than the
bar on the 620 Dark.

Maybe worth some modding?