PDA

View Full Version : DP Vs Termi de-cat pipe....

Smicker
09-03-2009, 09:42 PM
I've got a 2006 S2R800 - does anyone have any experience of the Termi de-cat pipe for this bike (it's on the BR Special Tuning web site) ?

It's aboout the same price as the DP one but it's stainless steel (I believe the DP one is mild steel?).

Thanks.

geeman
10-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Search for the thread "S2R 1000 exhausts advice" by yellowfever. Should find alot of answers there

singletrack
10-03-2009, 09:24 AM
I don't know anything about the Termi pipe.
I had the DP one - it was fine when I polished it up. Beware though, you cannot fit a bellypan on the S2R with the DP pipe.

seby
10-03-2009, 10:29 AM
I've got a 2006 S2R800 - does anyone have any experience of the Termi de-cat pipe for this bike (it's on the BR Special Tuning web site) ?

It's aboout the same price as the DP one but it's stainless steel (I believe the DP one is mild steel?).

Thanks.

the decat pipe is not termignoni but figaroli, apparently termignoni does not produce decat pipe for s2r (weird)

all are made by the same steel

the best choice is marving cost about half price than the DP one (i bought in italy for 150 euro brand new)

if you fit the decat pipe without a DP ECU or a power commander or a rapid bike you get the placebo effect if you lucky, if you unlucky you get bad performance

Smicker
10-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Thanks Geeman & Singletrack.

Hmm, interesting Seby - it states clearly on the site the pipe is a Termignoni and stainless steel. Thanks for that - I'll maybe drop them an e-mail to check out.