PDA

View Full Version : Luggage \tank ring on M1100

Redkite
09-03-2009, 09:28 PM
I've used the quick release tank ring system for ages on my S2R1000 and it's a great bit of kit. Looking at pictures of the 696\1100 it looks like I might not be able to fit one. It has a smooth top with no visible screws.
Anyone with a 696 or 1100 using this system? Cheers, Stu

http://www.mo-tech.de/tankrucksackql/

Captain Caveman
10-03-2009, 06:11 PM
must admit, i looked at the tank and just ended up going for the Ducati Performance tankbag... just need to replace bolt under front of seat with fabric/clip thing, and then fits round frame...

Redkite
10-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Do you have to remove it completely when filling up, or can you just release the seat end and flip it back over the bars?

Captain Caveman
11-03-2009, 10:48 AM
you can just release the clip at the front of the seat and flip it up.

i've gone for the bigger one (think there's 2 sizes) - think it's about 15-18L (expander zip) and has a clear pocket on the top for phone,satnav etc. good bit of kit, but only really need that and the tailpack for touring - i tend to just use my knox sixpack rucksack if i'm only carrying a few bits...

Redkite
11-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Cheers! Just ordered an 1100 with that bag and lowered seat, + Datatool alarm - got an excellent deal at Ducati Zaltbommel (NL). They are lowering the original seat for me for 100 euros, so dont have to buy the DP one. One very happy bunny here :cool::thumbsup:
:drunk:

Bike arrives 21 st March

Shuffy
11-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Nice one Stu! How does it compare to your old S2R 1000? Which colour did you go for in the end? When you're over in the UK next you must bring it down to the Oakdene (if you can brave the worlds muddiest car park that is).

jimbo696
11-03-2009, 05:00 PM
Redkite...Isn't the DP seat only a bit more than that anyway? and more comfortable....

Redkite
11-03-2009, 05:02 PM
I bought the black 1100 with silver wheels. HAd a short ride in bad conditions on a demo 1100s, that was quite impressive, noticably more get up and go than the S2R1000 and a bit noisier too with the standard cans. I'll post my first impressions when I get it on the 21st.
Oakdene is about 15 minutes from my house next time I'm over there I'll try and call in (may - Junish, depending on work)

Redkite
11-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Redkite...Isn't the DP seat only a bit more than that anyway? and more comfortable....

Hi Jim they had the DP lowered seat at the dealers and I didn't like it that much looks a bit like black suede but more importantly I didn't notice a lot of difference. It's supposed to lower by 2cm. The lowered standard seat I was able to try as well, and that's been shaved more at the sides which means your legs aren't pushed so far apart: that did the job for me can get my feet flat on the ground which is how I like it! It's been prof. done and was 100 euro's which is probably about half the price of the DP lowered, so I'm happy with that.
And when fitted you'd have to look very closely to see that it's been altered.
Stu

Shuffy
11-03-2009, 05:39 PM
I bought the black 1100 with silver wheels. HAd a short ride in bad conditions on a demo 1100s, that was quite impressive, noticably more get up and go than the S2R1000 and a bit noisier too with the standard cans. I'll post my first impressions when I get it on the 21st.
Oakdene is about 15 minutes from my house next time I'm over there I'll try and call in (may - Junish, depending on work)

Black, excellent choice! Post some pics up as soon as you get it.