PDA

View Full Version : Which front indicators? Advice please

Gilps
05-03-2009, 07:32 PM
I'm looking for advice on which front indicators to fit. I've got Rizoma Zeros on the back and really like them. Rizoma used to sell an indicator called the Track 01 which I really liked but never got round to buying. Now their website shows a new version, the Track 11, which I don't like.
I'm after something quite long and thin rather than round, stubby, arrow shaped, diamond, etc. Preferably an LED indicator. It needs to have a longish stem so that it sticks out from the headlight cowl, or have the option to fit extenders. So, your thoughts and suggestions please. Or even better, someone sell me a pair of Track 01's in mint condition.:idea::chuckle:

singletrack
05-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Paul, have you seen the BMW LED lights for the new 650/800? - they sound just what you are looking for. I have no idea how much they cost etc, or if they are available to the general public and whether they would fit the monster.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102516&stc=1&d=1224757074

(Picture stolen from ukgser web site)

LVC
05-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Gilps: I've got Eagle Eye Street Fighter LED's on mine but I had to lower the mounting position of them with the standard cowl as there not overly long - available from most fleabay markets...

Singletrack: I misread your post as..."(Picture stolen from ugly web site)" and couldn't agree more, sorry if you've got one and I'm sure it's really functional but that has got to be one of the ugliest front ends I've seen on a bike in a long time - IMHO.

Gilps
06-03-2009, 07:25 AM
Paul, have you seen the BMW LED lights for the new 650/800? - they sound just what you are looking for. I have no idea how much they cost etc, or if they are available to the general public an whether they would fit the monster.

Nice one Anne. When they launched F800S/ST I thought at the time "I like those indicators" as they are like the Rizoma ones, but had totally forgotten about them. I'll pay them a visit and look at the S/ST and GS lights.

Gilps
06-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Gilps: I've got Eagle Eye Street Fighter LED's on mine but I had to lower the mounting position of them with the standard cowl as there not overly long - available from most fleabay markets...

Singletrack: I misread your post as..."(Picture stolen from ugly web site)" and couldn't agree more, sorry if you've got one and I'm sure it's really functional but that has got to be one of the ugliest front ends I've seen on a bike in a long time - IMHO.

I haven't seen those ones but I'll do a trawl around and see if I can find some. Ta

squiffything
06-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Hi Gilps

EMoto look as though they have a pair in stock although it says for a Yamaha I would have thought they are the same across the range of bike manufacturers if not I'm sure you could adapt them.

http://www.emotouk.com/yamaha/rizoma-indicators.htm

http://www.emotouk.com/yamaha/rizoma/images/indicatorst01_lrg.jpg

singletrack
06-03-2009, 08:16 AM

LVC - you might be right. It's not the prettiest of bikes but is infinitely practical. And, like most Ducatis, is much faster and better looking in red.

singletrack
06-03-2009, 08:18 AM
Hi Gilps

EMoto look as though they have a pair in stock although it says for a Yamaha I would have thought they are the same across the range of bike manufacturers if not I'm sure you could adapt them.

http://www.emotouk.com/yamaha/rizoma-indicators.htm

http://www.emotouk.com/yamaha/rizoma/images/indicatorst01_lrg.jpg

Do you actually think you would receive them if you bought from emoto? :rolleyes:

squiffything
06-03-2009, 10:11 AM
lol Anne I thought I had heard something about them but never dealt with them myself.

Gilps
06-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Squiffy - thanks, they are the ones that I am after, but as Anne says, Emoto have what must be the worst reputation of any parts suppier in the UK. I'll try them to see if they actually have stock, but posts on other forums suggest that they always say they have stock when they haven't.
Looking at the BMW site it appears that they have now changed their indicators on the newer models to something more conventional. When I first saw the F800S at launch I wondered if the indicators were actually the Rizoma ones as tey looked just like them. I'm going to call a dealer anyway to see what they say.
The search continues.

Gilps
06-03-2009, 10:55 AM
I'm so happy. I called Moore Speed Racing on the off chance that they may have some left over, and they have two black ones in stock, and they are mine, all mine. I wanted silver ideally but beggars can't be choosers. Yippee, yet another succesful transaction with MSR.
Thanks for the suggestions and help.

singletrack
06-03-2009, 01:26 PM
i am glad you managed to get sorted Paul.

Are you coming to Fox's on Sunday? You could come in the car and bring the baby, and your lovely lady if you must ;)

Gilps
06-03-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm tempted. I may be shooting, but if not it's a maybe. I was chatting with Zimbo the other day and we were threatening to go out, maybe Sunday, so it's possible. Not sure whether dragging the sprog along to a bike meet at 5 months old will appeal to him though. He's more in to dribbling and turning milk in to cheese to decorate his face with.
Is the Foxes meet another one of Rachel's bright ideas? You know the sort of thing, where she organises it but doesn't feel it necessary to actually turn up in person.

singletrack
06-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Is the Foxes meet another one of Rachel's bright ideas? You know the sort of thing, where she organises it but doesn't feel it necessary to actually turn up in person.

That's the one - I'm not holding out much hope of her actually turning up, but you never know. She may surprise us all.

That's why I'm trying to drum up some other UKMOCers to come - I don't want to turn up there on my own like Billy-no-mates.