PDA

View Full Version : Moto Rapido - Ducati Trackdays 2009

JMo
03-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Hi everyone - don't know how many of you are on the Moto Rapido email list, but I got this through and thought I might pass it on, just incase you need another trackday fix or two during the year:

Hi

Well it took a little more time than I wanted but we now have some dates for trackdays in 2009 so I hope you can join us on some of them. We always have a great time taking our Ducatis on track and with a wide spread of track experience there is room for everyone from total novice to trackday regulars.

We will again be offering the extra services that were popular last year including booking your place and pitlane garages, a pre-event bike checkover for just £20, bike and kit transport to and from the circuit from £50, and as part of our group you can enjoy free technical help all day from help with tyre pressures to suspension setting, all by our factory trained technicians. We'll even bring a kettle and biscuits!

For those who may be new to the track day experience we can not only make the arrangements for you but we will also show you what to do on the day to make it easy. So no excuses!

We will be staying locally to the tracks the night before each trackday and plan meet for a meal and nightcap, we'll send you the details of accommodation for the days you book.The Dates so far...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Castle Coombe, Monday 20th April 2009

A great local track to us, set in Wiltshire near Chippenham its under an hours ride from the shop.

Track info: www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/findus.htm
Orgainised by : We have booked a group with track day organisors Motorcycle folly, details of them are here : www.motorcyclefolly.co.uk
Price : £132 per rider.Noise level : 105db(A) (measured at 1/2m and 75% revs) see here for info www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/bike_trackdays.htm

There are 4 groups on this day, novice, intermediate, inter/fast and fast.
Numbers are limited so book early!

NOTE: Castle Coombe is VERY strict on noise levels so you will need standard exhausts. If you have a race exhaust you will fail the sound check unless you have the later type with a baffle that you can refit. Although the level is listed at 105db(A) this is measured at only 0.5m from the exhaust AND at 75% revs. If you are in doubt then you can take your bike to the track before booking. But from experience you will need to get those standard cans out of the loft! We will be hiring a sound level meter for use in our workshop the weekend before this event and you are welcome to come in for a test BUT this is only a guide not a guarantee! Let me know if you want to get tested.
If you would like to come but don't have a standard can let me know and if I can help from our Aladin's cave of parts I will!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donnington Park (Full GP circuit), Tuesday 12th May 2009

The full circuit! Experience Craner curves and feel like a GP god! We've booked places in each group and arranged garages for you.

Track info: http://www.donington-park.co.uk/contact-us/directions-map
Orgainised by : Focused Events: http://www.focusedevents.com
Price : £159 per rider.
Noise level : 105db(A) so race cans are OK unless excessively loud! (you know who you are!) http://www.donington-park.co.uk/track-days/noise-limits

There are 3 groups on this day, novice, intermediate, and fast.
We have booked places in each group but numbers are limited and this one books very quickly, so book early!

cont...

JMo
03-03-2009, 08:07 PM
....cont.

Brands Hatch (Indy circuit), Monday 8th June 2009

DUCATI only day at Brands Hatch in the middle of summer! perfect!

Track info: http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/brands-hatch/trackdays/trackdays-bike.asp
Orgainised by : Motor Sport Vision / Ducati UK
Price : £165 per rider with a £10 discount if you're one of our customers!
Noise level : 105db(A) so race cans are OK unless excessively loud! (you know who you are!)

There are 3 groups on this day, novice, intermediate, and fast.
We have booked places in each group and arranged garages but numbers are limited and this one books very quickly, so book early!

Cadwell Park with the Ducati Sporting Club, 2 Day event, 15th and 16th June 2009

This will be our 4th year attending this event and it's always been excellent so we plan to take another group this year, full details here : www.ducatisportingclub.com

You can book this one directly with the club. Day 1 is Ducati only and Day 2 is normally mostly Ducati. We have already booked a great place to stay on Sunday and Monday night for just £25 per night and can help arrange transport of your bike, just book with the club and let us know you're going.

To book your places: Simply email Alicia at alicia@motorapido.co.uk and let her know which days you would like to come to and if you need us to arrange bike transport / accommodation, she can then book your spot and you can pay by debit or credit card, or come into the shop and we'll take your details then. Alicia is one of our customers who generously gives her time free to help us arrange these events and often gets many enquiries so please give her a little time to reply. If you have any questions feel free to pop in for a coffee and chat or email me back.

Hope to see you soon.

Wilf
Moto Rapido DUCATI
wilf@motorapido.co.uk
www.motorapido.co.uk
Tel: 01962 877998