PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 8th March (Kent)

alan c
02-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Kent Meeting at The Oakdene for breakfast and Monster biscuits (Ladybird) ?

We also need to finalise order for patches and agree the cost etc so Rude boy can get them ordered.

Not sure on weather yet ? but would be good to have a run out somewhere ! any ideas ?
Hastings or Rye also i have seen that there is Moto X on the beach at Margate, might be worth a look ?

Cheers

alan.

ladybird
02-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Kent Meeting at The Oakdene for breakfast and Monster biscuits (Ladybird) ?

Will see if can find a path out of the boxes.

I might not get a batch of cookies out in time though :(
I can't find which box the cutter ended up in and the fridge has failed to be delivered twice - by two different companies!
And the dust is causing stupid amounts of sneezing.
Moving house is a pain in the bottom.
Ground anchor is in and helmet shelf is up though.

J.P
03-03-2009, 07:44 AM
I hope to be there as I may well be missing a good few months worth because of other bits going on.

jimbo696
03-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Look fwd to seeing you chaps(non gender) again.... The Margate MotoXsounds like a good idea..

J.P
03-03-2009, 08:37 AM
I'll be giving Margate a miss but will be buying tea.

scrapps
03-03-2009, 08:44 AM
I hope to be there. how come you folks know about the moto x at margate and i live just down the road and know nothing about it ? :eyepopping:
ive seen no posters and dont remember any adds in the local press ? sound worth a look tho.

jimbo696
03-03-2009, 12:15 PM
scrapps, there was something on the sea front that my wife spotted when we went past recently.. Apparently last year it was a good event...

scrapps
03-03-2009, 12:28 PM
O ok Jimbo i may take a spin down and have a look. :thumbsup:

and Albie i will bring your shirt if your poping in......

Albie
03-03-2009, 09:19 PM
oh I just pm'd slob thinking he may be posting. Made me look a numpty and probs are LOL. Maybe coming to oakdene but not taxing bike until April to October. Pushbiking this month at weekends to get fit for scotland holiday.

slob
03-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Scrapps has the Tees at the moment, will see what happens Sunday, we're just mopping up the last of this batch.

alan c
04-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Cafe then Run to Margate to watch Beach moto x sounds good, lets hope weather ok ?
i will check when Racing starts ?:thumbsup:

cheers.

gary tompkins
04-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Cafe then Run to Margate to watch Beach moto x sounds good, lets hope weather ok ?
i will check when Racing starts ?:thumbsup:

cheers.

Looking a bit of a gamble at present...

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=Kent&day=3

I'll be at the cafe for brekkie - maybe more if weather holds?

Rudeboy
05-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Yeah, Sunday looks to be a complete washout !!! :grump:

And you were expecting to see a clean bike, eh Jimbo ????

ryanhorton1973
05-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Hi. I will be there just for brekkie and a cup of tea (in the car again I'm afraid as the bike is still waiting for the parts to be put back on it):spin:

jimbo696
06-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Hope to see you all, there is a lot of racing on at Brands this w/e also.....
Craig, at least if it rains your bike will get a clean!!

scrapps
06-03-2009, 10:33 AM
I will be popin in but in the car this week as i have a box of shirts to sort with slob.
when my monnie is finished i am going to try and keep it clean (no much chance) so will prob not want to bring it into the swamp that is the oakdene carpark....

J.P
06-03-2009, 10:34 AM
You big Girl.

MilesB
06-03-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm planning on being there - I've missed too many breakfasts over the last year.
Which bike will depend upon the weather on the day - if it's nice and dry (maybe) then I'll be on Susan's Bonnie ('cos it needs a run again), but if not so good then it will be the Peg :spin:

I better wear my T-shirt for those who don't know me :cool: or who have forgotten what I look like :dunce:

Miles

PS: I suspect Susan will be down next month - weather permitting, riding her own bike :thumbsup:

scrapps
06-03-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm planning on being there - I've missed too many breakfasts over the last year.
Which bike will depend upon the weather on the day - if it's nice and dry (maybe) then I'll be on Susan's Bonnie ('cos it needs a run again), but if not so good then it will be the Peg :spin:

I better wear my T-shirt for those who don't know me :cool: or who have forgotten what I look like :dunce:

Miles

PS: I suspect Susan will be down next month - weather permitting, riding her own bike :thumbsup:

it wil be good to see you Miles and I hope susan if feeling a lot better.(off to empty pm box)

Gadget
07-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Shall not be able to get there again. Working tomorrow again.

Rudeboy
08-03-2009, 01:54 AM
Wont be able to make it - Hev's not too well.

Patches will be sorted out though.

jimbo696
08-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Sorry to hear that mate... Hope she is well soon..

ladybird
08-03-2009, 09:40 AM
I just got up to glorious sunshine, but had promised to do more unpacking and paint a wall or two as the weather had looked yuk for today.
Better get back to the kitchen and finish making breakfast and a cuppa to make up for it.

gary tompkins
08-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Enjoyed the cafe today - JP's chat about moob tubes, earplugs & sat nav's was most enlightening :D

Glad I opted for the short local blast (with Shuffy) before heading home today. Gale force winds and horizontal rain outside now. Hope those that headed for the Margate got back home ok?

Correction.. we now have horizontal hailstones outside - talk about 4 seasons in one day! :eek:

Shuffy
08-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Enjoyed the cafe today - JP's chat about moob tubes, earplugs & sat nav's was most enlightening :D

Glad I opted for the short local blast (with Shuffy) before heading home today. Gale force winds and horizontal rain outside now. Hope those that headed for the Margate got back home ok?

Correction.. we now have horizontal hailstones outside - talk about 4 seasons in one day! :eek:

Blimey! We timed that one well Gary! One minute bright sunshine, next hailstones. Glad you enjoyed the short improvised route, at least it stayed dry, hope anyone who went to Margate didn't get soaked.

Good to see everyone today and nice to meet you Miles.

MilesB
08-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Good to see everyone today and nice to meet you Miles.
It was mutual.

I'd rejigged the screen on my Peg earlier, and wanted to try it on the motorway - still not right so I got home and tweaked again - and went out for another blat to check it. The mounting is now upside down :confused: but results in a screen that directs most of the blast at my shoulders and not my helmet, thus significantly reducing helmet noise :thumbsup: Result.

Hopefully Susan will be with me next month - riding her own bike.

Miles

PS: First hailstones of the day as I write this - at 4pm.

jimbo696
08-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Sorry i missed it, but stayed local after being at Brands all day y'day!!!
I went to Margate for about 30 mins, saw a nice red Monster with LV cans and a belly pan; had a UKMOC sticker on the frame...

alan c
08-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Enjoyed the chat at the cafe, nice to see everyone. Had a good blat with scrapps, he went home and i went to Margate and met my son and his mates, watched the Qauds racing on the beach. Made way home sideways at times due to wind and caught heavy rain at bexley, dropped bike off at parents house then rode home on fazer in the rain !!!!! hey-ho.

Jimbo that was my monster on the front, i saw your 696 and i presume your mates 1098 ?

cheers alan.

Albie
08-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Sorry we didnt make it. We did a 6 mile cycle ride yesterday and then went to ikea for a bed. Ordered it and paid for it coleected it got home and the main spine not been ordered so returned this morning then another bike ride of 4 miles. Oh dear Caroline is well out of fit mode. Suprised myself though. She took a tumble into the River Medway yesterday but the bike stayed on dry land. Lucky the tide had gone out. She was fine and bike too. Laughed it off that a stone turfed her balance .

J.P
08-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Good as always to see everyone.

jimbo696
09-03-2009, 08:09 AM
Alan,
Yes that was his 1098. He came to the Oakdene last time, but arrived just after everyone had left!!
Your Monster looks great, I assume the LV cans sound great as well?