PDA

View Full Version : Flippin' amazing!

Edcase
26-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Well, given a relative break in the rather inclement weather, I decided to go out and take the battery out and recharge with the aim of getting her running again this weekend.

As I was about to disconnect the battery I had a bizarre urge just to check if there was even any sign of a charge left, so I inserted the key and was pretty shocked to see a fairly bright light illuminate!!

I quickly turned the ignition off again, switched off the headlight, took out the spark plugs, turned it over a few times, gave the bike a little shake, and would you believe it she started on the 3rd attempt!

I can't remember exactly when I last rode her, but it surely has to be at least five months sat outside under a cover, albeit at the end of a fairly sheltered mews!

Filled her up with fresh fuel, and did a couple of hours around the city, along the river to Hammersmith and back to Canary Wharf, greenwich then home. Brilliant. Hasn't missed a beat. Welcome back! :)

J.P
26-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Now that's a proper Italian success story.

Edcase
26-02-2009, 02:20 PM
To be fair, it was a brand new battery, and there is no alarm draining it, but still!!!

Diego
26-02-2009, 02:38 PM
nice 1! wish I was out there too.

jimbo696
26-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Glad to hear that... It is great when that happens...